Custom Dust Covers for Retro Consoles

Started by TrekMD, October 23, 2012, 14:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest4824

I know in todays world,there seems to be mistrust everywhere you turn.But,I still believe that when someone gives their word or a handshake that it counts for something!

zapiy

Same as fella, life i know is not always that simple but i like to believe it is.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

retromod

Quote from: "Old JD"I know in todays world,there seems to be mistrust everywhere you turn.But,I still believe that when someone gives their word or a handshake that it counts for something!

it is more an investor driven question. You want to earn some money with your brands and why providing the names to others without money if they may harm it? So if a developer tells you it is ok it may not be ok for the management or the lawyer department as the developer may have no permission to act in name of the company.
If it is written and signed by right people you are on the save side, all other is trust which may chance depending on financial situation. Do you know what the liquidator of a company does?
http://www.konsolen-mod.de for mod showroom and configurator

retromod

Today I visited an old girl friend who is an expert for all kind of printed fabrics. After a discussion she explained how easily it is to produce such dust covers and so I adopted the idear of producing my own.

By using the right fabrics and production techniques the price is quite low and the result looks quite nice. As a surprise she suggested a fabric I already use to protect my smartphone. Estimation is less than 5 min for one dust cover including product name. There will be only the product name on top, no logo (due to copyright/trademark reason). the used fabric is resistent against dust so no need to clean them, you simple do not recognize dust at all which you do on leather.

Fabric color will start with dark grey having blue, red or rainbox colored text on top. Connectors will be excluded so there is no need to remove them every time you put the cover on top. Target price will be about 10-15 Eur and may be for free if ordered within vendor shop together with a modded console.

the prototyp is complete. the text will be final A2600, A5200, A7800 etc. instead of the brand name. Fabric may chance to a thinner one. Also found an industrial producer and we are currently in negotion.
http://www.konsolen-mod.de for mod showroom and configurator

TrekMD

[align=center:6kjcmq8o][size=140]Special on these cover sets thru Dec.12.

Atari 5200 and 5200 Trak-ball---$30.00   (3 sets available) 1 of each in the set

Atari 2600, Atari 5200 and Atari 7800---$45.00   (2 sets available)  1 of each in set

Colecovision, Atari adaptor and Roller controller---$40.00   (3 sets available)  1 of each in set

Free shipping included( US only)

Discounted shipping elsewhere[/size]
[/align:6kjcmq8o]

[align=center:6kjcmq8o]Check out the covers here:
  [size=180]Custom Console Covers[/size][/align:6kjcmq8o]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I can't say enough good stuff about these covers.  They are really well done and well worth the money to protect your consoles. 

TrekMD

[align=center:1vrj0qws][size=140]Barb has created a brand new special cover for the NES to celebrate its 30th Anniversary.  This cover is for the original NES and it is embroidered in gold metallic thread.  The price for this cover will be $18.50 each plus shipping.  Right now Barb is accepting preorders for these but no money is being taken as the idea is to gauge interest.  [/size]

[size=140]To Place Your Order Contact Barb at:  retiredoldjd[at]yahoo[dot]com

Include "Covers from RVG" in the subject.[/size][/align:1vrj0qws]

TrekMD

Three new console covers have been added as well:  Mega Drive, Mega Drive II, and Fairchild F.  Check them here:  Barb's Console Covers

Saturn

These covers are GREAT! Earlier in 2015 I bought 8 Jaguar, 4 JagCD, 4 Saturn and 2 DC covers.
They work well and the prices are unbeatable 8)

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "Saturn"These covers are GREAT! Earlier in 2015 I bought 8 Jaguar, 4 JagCD, 4 Saturn and 2 DC covers.

Wow! I thought I was doing pretty good with 2 Jaguars and 2 Jag CD systems. I got nothing on you :21:

TrekMD

Yep, these are indeed excellent covers.  I highly recommend them and if anyone here hasn't got them, please keep them in mind. 

Saturn

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"
Quote from: "Saturn"These covers are GREAT! Earlier in 2015 I bought 8 Jaguar, 4 JagCD, 4 Saturn and 2 DC covers.

Wow! I thought I was doing pretty good with 2 Jaguars and 2 Jag CD systems. I got nothing on you :21:
LOL I've been hoarding... I mean, collecting them for quite some time. Took forever to acquire it all. Here's a peep at my stuff from a year ago. Link

TrekMD

Saturn

Quote from: "TrekMD"Some cool controllers there.  :)
Thanks, I've been periodically sending Carl at Songbird emails requesting more.  Hoping he goes for it at some point.
I was excited when these dust covers were pointed out to me. They make all the difference. I've heard that seating and unseating carts isn't good for the contact pins in a base unit or JagCD so currently I leave B2K inserted in the CD around the clock with the cover draped over as much of everything as possible. Bottom still gets a bit dusty but the vents on top are protected.