Laserball 2015 + upcoming boxed release for ATARI ST

Started by simoncam, July 14, 2015, 14:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simoncam

Hi to all ATARI ST Fans!
I am new to this forum, but not new to the Retro Scene. I have created and published the game Laserball 2014/2015 for the ATARI ST platform.

In case you never heard about it: It is a mind cracking puzzler and it had some great reviews (Atari Crypt: "One of my favourite games and also something that tests your intelligence in such a way that will push you to the very boundaries of your mind's logic-calculating ability!) You may read all about the game and download it for free on its homepage www.hd-videofilm.com/laserball

In addition I am preparing a real physical release. Including a shiny new box, a printed manual and an ATARI ST floppy disc.
I will have to have at least 25 Boxes being produced - as production of small amounts is relatively expensive the final price will be around 40 Euro + shipping. From now on I am taking pre-orders. If I get 15 or more pre-orders I will have the production started.

The pre-order does not include ANY payment or ANY obligation buy the game. It is just a way to determine how many (if any) boxes I need to produce.

For pre-order, click here:
http://www.hd-videofilm.com/laserball/boxed-version/index.php

Shadowrunner

Looks good, and nice of you to allow people to download it for free. Hopefully you get enough interest to go ahead with the physical run :)

simoncam

I hope so too!!!!! :)

Here it comes: a first render of the final package design wrapped on a 3D model

zapiy

Hi Simon. Thanks for signing up and what a fantastic looking game. I would be interested in getting one of these.  What would your timeline be?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

This is a fantastic Atari ST release and not often do you see such a professional ST product, I would love to include a review of this game in issue two of Atari ST Gamer magazine before its release next month, so if anybody is up to doing a review of it ?

simoncam

Quote from: "zapiy"Hi Simon. Thanks for signing up and what a fantastic looking game. I would be interested in getting one of these.  What would your timeline be?

If I get enough pre-orders (15!) it will be a matter of some weeks to get it done. Maybe end of August/beginning of September. Everything is more or less ready to go.

Otherwise it may never come into beeing - I have to have at least 25 Boxes to be made, and it is simply to expensive if there are to less ST Fans out there to get in the production costs :)

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

zapiy

Greyfox

And retweeted on mine too :)

zapiy

simoncam

Yes! The pre-orders rolled in like crazy and are now counting 4. ....  Hmmmm.... What is actually a bit to less to kick of the production right away. ;)

But I am positive... it has just been the first day. I have to advertise it a bit more. If it is actually featured in the upcoming ATARI ST GAMER issue, it maybe reach the 15 pre-orders margin... lets see...

Actually: How to place an add on the front page here? Who to contact? Thanks for any info!

zapiy

simoncam

zapiy

No worries, will leave it there for a few weeks and also keep bumping this thread with updates. :113: