Philips CD-i Must Have Games

Started by TL, March 16, 2012, 17:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

I won't go into details with this post as we have my Philips CD-i review guide to do that. So I will just list my favourite 10 games for the machine in no order!

Steel Machine
Micro Machines
Namco Arcade Classics
The Apprentice
Tetris
Lemmings
Atlantis: The Last Resort
Mutant Rampage Bodyslam
Chaos Control
Dimo's Quest

onthinice

When I had one it was always Axis and Allies.

zapiy

I have a few games for mine. Got them really cheap when I worked for Granada many years ago.

Not to sure what I have and what's the top games. I enjoyed Mad Dog McCree and 7th Guest. But I suppose they were the most common games on the system.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Quote from: "onthinice"When I had one it was always Axis and Allies.

That must be one of the few games I don't have, I will need to look out for it.

onthinice

I made the mistake years ago of selling the system and games. Now I look at the prices
and think yep I will never own one again.

zapiy

I was not aware the prices had really increased? 

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

I North America they have, in Europe where the CD-i is much more common prices have stayed low compared to a lot of other systems.

zapiy

So the trick is to sell to the US.

TL

Quote from: "zapiy"So the trick is to sell to the US.

Yep. I had some spares when I was collecting and sold them all to people in the US.

onthinice

The one I had was purchased new for $60.00 but they were on the way out. Wish I could remember the model
number. It came with the game pad so it must have been a later unit.

TL

Quote from: "onthinice"The one I had was purchased new for $60.00 but they were on the way out. Wish I could remember the model
number. It came with the game pad so it must have been a later unit.

Probably this one then, the 450:

onthinice

Yep and I remembered it seemed to have a pop hatch. Seems I never get the fancy ones. My Sega CD is the second
model and my 3DO is the FZ-10.

Arethius_RGC

My must list on the CD-I

Lost Eden
The 7th Guest
L'Ange et le Demon
The Apprentice
Lucky Luke
Link the faces of Evil
Bunr Cycle
Chaos Control
Hotel Mario