Latest Retro Purchases (Games or Hardware)

Started by zapiy, October 21, 2011, 08:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

64bitRuss

Shadowrunner

Good stuff! I really like Rush 2049, never tried the fishing controller but I bet it's a lot of fun.

64bitRuss

I got that fishing controller for $12.99 plus shipping on ebay.

Not a bad deal at all for NOS. And I had a chance to try it out on that Sega Marine Fishing game, and yes it is quite fun!

I %100 completed Rush 2049 on the N64 years ago, and really wanted to try the DC version now that I have a DC console. I'm really enjoying the nicer graphics and audio. What I'm really impressed with though is just how good the N64 version really was. As far as content goes the N64 game has everything the DC game has.

Giga Wing is bad ass! Now I have to get a joystick for the DC too. I've already got a steering wheel in the mail for Rush and Daytona USA. Retro gaming is a never ending money pit.

TrekMD

Nice games there!  I've been looking for Giga Wing but it is rather expensive to get.  The ones I've found also have the white label, not the black.  Is there a difference?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

ls650

A week ago I bought one of the new Intellivision Flashback systems and I've been playing that a lot.
Does that count as a retro purchase?

TrekMD

Quote from: "ls650"A week ago I bought one of the new Intellivision Flashback systems and I've been playing that a lot.
Does that count as a retro purchase?
I'd say, yes.  It may be an emulation system but you're playing retro games on it.  ;)

64bitRuss

Quote from: "TrekMD"Nice games there!  I've been looking for Giga Wing but it is rather expensive to get.  The ones I've found also have the white label, not the black.  Is there a difference?

I don't know about different instruction manuals. But I got Giga Wing on Amazon for $50 brand new and free shipping. Good deal if you ask me.

TrekMD

Cool.  I'll be checking on Amazon then. Thanks.

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "TrekMD"Nice games there!  I've been looking for Giga Wing but it is rather expensive to get.  The ones I've found also have the white label, not the black.  Is there a difference?

Early DC games in NA had white labels, then a year or so later they changed to black. From what I've seen the original Giga Wing is white and Giga Wing 2 is black :)

64bitRuss

Quote from: "TrekMD"Cool.  I'll be checking on Amazon then. Thanks.
I guess I didn't have free shipping on that one. No matter, it was $48.40 + shipping from Game Express Online through amazon. Cheaper than used copies on ebay!

TrekMD

Quote from: "64bitRuss"
Quote from: "TrekMD"Cool.  I'll be checking on Amazon then. Thanks.
I guess I didn't have free shipping on that one. No matter, it was $48.40 + shipping from Game Express Online through amazon. Cheaper than used copies on ebay!

Yes, that's what I found.  Thanks.  :)

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

avick

Haven't bought much in a while, but just got this to add to my Hyper Neo Geo 64 collection

Shadowrunner

I know next to nothing about the Hyper Neo Geo 64, what exactly did you get there?

avick

The NG 64 main board came in three varieties - fighting, shooting and driving. Each board would only take the cart of the correct category - I have the fighting board, which only has 4 different game carts. This one is called Buriki 1. As far as I can remember, there are even less games for the other two boards