Games Based On Movies

Started by TL, May 22, 2012, 21:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon_G

Robocop on the arcade by a country mile for me, although I actually liked Navy Seals on the CPC and the Untouchables was pretty good too.

I actually purchased Batman the Movie on cassette for £9.99 at a show at Alexander Palace, long before it was an ice rink!

TL

TL

TrekMD

Since the Gremlin games I mentioned before seemed to not be known by some folks, I decided to revive this thread to add some videos of the games.  The games are very different for each system.  I should note that the 5200 version is the same version as for the A8 computers.

[align=center:3vifzyxl]Gremlins 2600
GREMLINS - ATARI 2600 VCS - 1984

Gremlins 5200
Atari 5200 Review (21) Gremlins[/align:3vifzyxl]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

I have never played either of the Gremlins games, I will have to give the A8 version a try on my Atari Max.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"I have never played either of the Gremlins games, I will have to give the A8 version a try on my Atari Max.

Yes, with the Atari Max you can definitely give this a spin on that shiny XEGS you now have.  :)

TrekMD

llayboy

Gremlins 2 for the NES is a surprisingly good game.

Spider-Man 2 was also excellent

nosweargamer

I'm surprised no one brought up Aladdin on the Genesis/Mega Drive.  I also like Jurassic Park on it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjik81omaT0#ws

WiggyDiggyPoo

Friday the 13th on Amstrad (its terrible) !

Friday the 13th - Amstrad CPC: http://youtu.be/XqWapCbY4xA

guest5475

Aladdin (Genesis/Snes) - One of the best. Love the acrobatic mechanics of the Snes version and I can't imagine the Genesis version looking any better.
The Lion King (Genesis/Snes)
The Jungle Book (Snes/Genesis - Nes version is nice considering the hardware)
Pocahontas (Genesis) - Simply gorgeous.
The Terminator (Genesis) - Awesome soundtrack.
Tarzan (N64) - One of my favorite N64 games. Has aged very well.
Cars (GC) - Liked it better than the movie.
007: The World is Not Enough (N64) - PS1 is decent but N64 version is one of the few FPS's I've finished.
Chronicles of Narnia (Gamecube)
Chronicles of Riddck: Escape from Butcher Bay (Xbox)
Bram Stoker's Dracula (Nes) - Strong challenge.
The Haunted Mansion (GC) - Not great, but good variety and atmosphere.
Dick Tracy (Genesis) - I remember beating this one when I was 13. That final level on the docks was nuts.
Spiderman (GC)

That's all I can think of for now.

TrekMD

Nice list.  I didn't know there was a Riddick game for the Xbox.  Is it good?

64bitRuss

Quote from: "TrekMD"Nice list.  I didn't know there was a Riddick game for the Xbox.  Is it good?
very good, and IIRC it comes free with the Xbox 360 Riddick game, which I can't remember the name of. But that was good too. Both games fit into the Riddick canon of the films really well, and used Vin Diesel for the voice acting.

I liked the first game for all it's backstory on Johns and it's a great prequel to the Pitch Black movie.

TrekMD

Cool and good to know.  I'll have to try and get it for my Xbox.  :)