Amiga CD32!

Started by Alberto 2K, October 26, 2012, 12:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaJay

Haha! Yeah it was just a mockup by Amiga Format, i liked the idea of that cd drive though, obviously Commodore went the cheapest (though most reliable too) route with the lid drive.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

AirZonk

Quote from: "AmigaJay"More CD32 love coming from these unofficial conversions with new amazing looking level select, control screens, some with added video intros etc

http://unofficial-cd32-ports.blogspot.co.nz

I am bit confused as to how these work. Can I just burn then to a CDR? If so, will they work on my NTSC CD32 system?

AmigaJay

Quote from: "AirZonk"
Quote from: "AmigaJay"More CD32 love coming from these unofficial conversions with new amazing looking level select, control screens, some with added video intros etc

I am bit confused as to how these work. Can I just burn then to a CDR? If so, will they work on my NTSC CD32 system?
Yeah just burn the iso to a cdr, not sure about ntsc machines, best to ask on their blog.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "AirZonk"

You actually own an NTSC CD32, Wow! I don't know how many of them are out there but it's gotta be pretty rare!

AmigaJay

It had a limited release in Canada so I'm guessing its one of those.

AirZonk

IIRC correctly Commodore had a warehouse full of the NTSC CD32 systems, but couldn't sell them in USA for some reason. Years later a huge batch of them appeared on eBay. I forget what I paid, but it was a pretty good deal.

A lot of the PAL games don't work properly on it (cut off portion of screen) and some don't run at all.

WiggyDiggyPoo

I prefer the rumour that the NTSC CD32s were seized by Alien Space Pirates and made to work on a evil galleon of doom instead of the truth of Commodore being a massive bunch of douchebags and not being allowed too import them to the USA but hey I'm just a nutjob!

Shadowrunner

If anyone is wondering how much a new NTSC CD32 will cost you these days, here's one that just ended on the weekend. It's not cheap!

CD32

zapiy

They are getting more expensive all the time so I need to jump one ASAP lol.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

AmigaJay

Yeah those guys have done some great packs over the last month.

zapiy

Tell me about it. I need to get a decent printer lol.

Greyfox

Quote from: "zapiy"Tell me about it. I need to get a decent printer lol.

use the one at work silly ;)

zapiy

Lol I do for the odd one or two. Not loads though.

EchoPark

Cheers for the link, I've heard of the comp cds for the CD32 but only on the forums I lurked in and no one ever posted a link and what nots. I'm only just getting back in to wanting to try and find my Amiga CD32 for my office, I would love to set up the 1200 but alot of my stuff needs to head to storage and I always loved having the CD32 when I was a kid, I mostly just played Jetstrike and BaseJumpers. If I can't find my CD32, may have to jump on the interwebs and look for a decent one to replace it.
Gamer/Geocaching/Hockey!