Protector: RESURGENCE for Atari Jaguar CD!

Started by TrekMD, July 18, 2014, 13:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

That does sound a bit too complicated to be worth taking the time to do.  It would have been cool, though.  A way to add music to the game.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

Cryptic33

[move:kajtx1jb]O M G come to Momma :59:[/move:kajtx1jb]
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Arethius_RGC

I am quite impatent myself, but I am a bit disappointed about the 50 special Las Vegas Edition...

AirZonk

Maybe there will be some left on the Vegas special edition he can sell on his web site.

Shadowrunner

I was disappointed at first too about missing the CGE edition. Once I found out it would be more expensive and on CDR instead of pressed CD, I didn't mind anymore. Plus the only difference is supposed to be the packaging and title screen. If I was going to the show I'd grab one as a cool collectible and memento of the weekend, but since I'm not I'll just buy a regular edition when they go up for sale  :)

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Alberto 2K

I don't really care about the CGE version, it does not affect anything more than a couple of graphics here and there and also CGE does not represent anything for me, it's very far from here!

I would have preferred to have a new game instead of an expansion, I like Protector SE though. The thing is people without that game will need it to play Resurgence, and that's quite expensive. Couldn't Carl do a CD with both, the game + expansion, or is not technically possible?

Hope the next (if there are more Songbird games) is a new one, I loved the addition of Robinson's Requiem to the catalog, after that, the release of Resurgence have mixed feelings for me.
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

TrekMD

The following update has been posted about this release:

The CGE version of Protector RESURGENCE for the Atari Jaguar CD is now available for purchase while supplies last. There are about 30 copies left. The general release, which is on a professionally glass-mastered disc, will follow in about 4 weeks.

Songbird ordering page: http://songbird-productions.com/catalog.shtml

Some notes:

1. The CGE discs are still being shipped back from Vegas, so I won't be able to ship any orders before Sep 22.

2. I currently have one RESURGENCE T-shirt size L which is not pre-sold. Please contact Songbird if you would like to purchase it.

3. International shipping is a flat rate of $40 (but only $32 to Canada), however I am offering a discounted $28 "small box" flat rate if you only order the CGE disc by itself, or the disc plus one of the following:

* RESURGENCE T-shirt, size L (T-shirts sold only via private link)

* 1-2 Lynx games

* 1 Jaguar cart game

* 1-3 Jaguar CD games

Please mention SMALLBOX in your order. If your order qualifies for the small box flat rate, I will manually refund the difference.

4. As a special thank you to Jaguar fans, for this week only, I am offering both Iron Soldier 2 CD and Robinson's Requiem at $10 off their regular price.

Thanks for your support, and long live the Jaguar! :)

Cryptic33

That is an incredible deal TrekMD though there is an added cost to the UK - customs charges, that push the price up significantly. I only mention this so those ordering are aware of it.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

AmigaJay

$40 for International shipping is very expensive for a CD, plenty of sellers on ebay send me stuff cd size stuff for $10-15 most.
If you haven't got Protector, the cost for both and shipping is $160 (£99).
I like to play new homebrew games and support the cause but imo thats too steep for one enhanced game.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

avick

Yeah, that's bonkers. And when you consider that customs charge VAT on the whole amount, and Royal Mail add their handling fee on, that becomes more like £120 for the pair

Cryptic33

Yet anything from within Europe is duty free. The only way round this as I see it, is for an American member to buy a number of carts and discs and come over here for a holiday and then post within the UK for a small fee ;)

TrekMD

My understanding is that the high shipping rate is because of tracking.  It seems the USPS only offers tracking on Global Priority service, which is expensive.  Even the smaller box is $28.