Yopaz IceStar - New Atari Jaguar Homebrew

Started by TL, June 21, 2014, 12:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:edxt4w1s]

[size=140]Yopaz IceStar is a puzzle game that, as you can probably see, is the sequel to the popular DiamJag, one of the very first homebrew games released for the Jaguar. The game was originally released for the PlayStation 1 back in September last year and is now being ported to the Jaguar. It is planned that it will be available to buy on CD sometime after the newly released Philia, another Jag CD game by OrionSoft.[/size]

[size=140]You play as a little character named Yopaz and you must collect all the stars in the universe, but the vacuum of space forces you to slide indefinitely when you run in one direction. Only an ice wall will stop you in your tracks! With this unusual constraint, you will need to collect all stars on each level. This puzzle game features 40 levels in 3 worlds with local high score to beat the best time with your friends and infinite levels possibility using the excellent built in level editor ![/size]

[size=140]In comparison to DiamJag, Yopaz adds the Advanced World, providing additional features for seasoned players. You will also be able to change your colour and collect stars of the corresponding colour! Your colour will also allow you to go through teleporters, direction changers, or even protect you from enemies! You can watch a video of the PS1 version of the game here but the Atari Jaguar version will look exactly the same, except that the PocketStation minigame is not available. It will be available as a professionally pressed CD in a DVD case with a manual (just like Philia). Stay tuned for more news on this game very soon![/size]

Yopaz Ice Star - Playstation 1 Homebrew on Vimeo[/align:edxt4w1s]

TrekMD

Saw this posted on the Orion page yesterday.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Really looking forward to this, I loved DiamJag!  :113:

Cryptic33

That looks pretty neat though I would much prefer a game like Boulder Dash on the Jag. Still, if you like that type of game (I am a bit fickle about such games) then, that is a great example of what homebrew titles can be. I see nothing wrong with good ports of good games from other platforms when done right like this is. 8)
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

TrekMD

AirZonk

Seems there's a few defective copies that got sent out (mine included). Replacement is on the way though.

TrekMD

Mine arrived yesterday but I've not had a chance to test it out yet.  I'm hoping is OK. 

zapiy

You managed to get a go on this yet fella?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

No, not yet.  The discs are being replaced because of a bug that was missed on testing.  I'm waiting for the replacement to be sent.