New Atari 2600 Homebrew - Godzilla!

Started by TrekMD, May 11, 2014, 03:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

[align=center:17ccov80][/align:17ccov80]

[size=140]Godzilla is coming for the Atari 2600!  Yes, that giant lizard will be coming on his own game later this year.  The game is still in development but here are some screen shots to give you an idea of the game.  [/size]

[align=center:17ccov80]

[/align:17ccov80]

[size=140]Game Details:
-8 Levels
-Clear all blocks to advance to the next level.
-Getting squashed will result in the loss of a life
-Touching Rodan will result in the loss of a life
-Buildings collapse when a brick isn't supported from beneath.
-Press Fire to break a block you are next to.

Hopefully there will be an expanded edition for sale by the end of the year.  And no, it does not play anything like Rampage.
[/size]

[align=center:17ccov80][size=140]Development thread:[/size]
[size=180]GODZILLA! Programmers please read[/size][/align:17ccov80]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Looks pretty good from where I am sitting.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Looks interesting, but does look a lot like Rampage so will be interested to see how much it differs.  :1:

TrekMD

I am curious myself as the first thing that came to mind was Rampage.  Godzilla on the 2600 is cool, though.  Can't wait to see more.  :)

TrekMD

Here is a video to promote the game.  At 0:40 there is some video of the game in action...

[align=center:37kzyiu8]Godzilla Atari 2600 Teaser[/align:37kzyiu8]

retromod

interesting article "Think Godzilla's Scary? Meet His Lawyers":

http://www.wired.com/2008/11/godzilla-terror/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%25253A+wired27b+%28Wired%25253A+Blog+-+Threat+Level%29

so hopefully they know what they do as it seems these guys are really aggressive to protect their brand.

Btw. the old Godzilla Movies itself are free to the public so the above video can be seen in germany as well (else it may be blocked by Youtube). The Godzilla character is not free as outlined in the above story.
http://www.konsolen-mod.de for mod showroom and configurator

TrekMD

RetroFriends has posted an update about the game:

[font=verdana:yptm7cvo]Well, I'm definitely holding on to my own two signed copies for the foreseeable future, but you have the go ahead to have a cartridge created. Godzilla will be developed further however, so you may want to hold off on that unless you're satisfied with the game as it is now.

If you'd like to directly support the development of the game, I have a small patreon dedicated to my Atari Dev here: http://www.patreon.com/luckycassette

At which point you can just throw a dollar or two at me, donate the 50$ reward tier in which I go and put the order in here at atari age, or do it yourself and give me nothing :^)

Regardless of what you (or anyone else) do, the latest rom is here in this post, you are free to do as you wish with it.[/font:yptm7cvo]