Airaki - New Nintendo Game Boy Homebrew!

Started by TL, March 16, 2014, 18:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:2qoamvj9]

[size=140]Airaki is a puzzle game amid medieval RPG for GameBoy ™ Classic and Color.

Play alone against multiple enemies to force more and more, or against a friend in 2 player mode (link cable required).

The first shipments are scheduled for April 2014  and the first batch will be 20 rounds, but many others will be made later.[/size]

[size=140]You can pre-order Airaki now through the Furrtek Software website and is available in 3 packages starting at just 18 Euros.

You can also keep up to date on news regarding this game via the Airaki Facebook Page![/size]

[/align:2qoamvj9]

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Great to see the GB getting some homebrew love.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

[align=center:118nbl4l]New teaser video of the game in action!

Airaki (GameBoy Color) demo gameplay[/align:118nbl4l]

TrekMD

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

triverse

Ever since I saw Puzzle Quest in an old UK PSP Buyer's Guide (not sure if it was a Retro Gamer special or not) I was hooked on this style of game.  A year later when I got a PSP, I immediately got PQ for it and was just as excited as I was when I first saw it.

Seeing this type of game on the Game Boy/Color is pretty awesome.  I hope this sees a fair bit of success with the fans out there.

TrekMD

Quote from: "triverse"Ever since I saw Puzzle Quest in an old UK PSP Buyer's Guide (not sure if it was a Retro Gamer special or not) I was hooked on this style of game.  A year later when I got a PSP, I immediately got PQ for it and was just as excited as I was when I first saw it.

Seeing this type of game on the Game Boy/Color is pretty awesome.  I hope this sees a fair bit of success with the fans out there.
Looks like they've sold pretty well.  If I'm reading correctly, they only have 4 carts left out of 180 to sell from the second run.

triverse

That is awesome especially considering most indie games like this are limited to one run of 50 to 100 carts and that is it (never understood that way of thinking).  Hopefully they will offer variant covers for subsequent print runs like comic books do it.

TrekMD

It'll be interesting to see what happens.  Particularly because they say that if they go above 200 carts the price may go up!  It seems finding the carts is difficult.