Wreck It Ralph game Fix It Felix Jr. ported to the Sega Mega

Started by TL, August 13, 2013, 22:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:28lz008k]

[size=140]You have seen the film, bought the merchandise and probably played the flash game online too but what if Wreck It Ralph had appeared on a real retro console?

Well not it has! Prolific homebrewer Future Driver (who also made the rather fun Pringles game) has recreated Disney's classic game on the Sega Mega Drive in true 16-bit style. [/size]

[size=140]As you can see from these screenshots the game looks great and remains very authentic to the game seen in the hit movie. It is 1 megabit in size and can be played with a standard 3 button pad on real hardware via an Everdrive flashcart or on emulators such as Kega Fusion.[/size]

[size=140]The ROM file is available for free from the coders website, which is linked below. For those who cannot wait or want to see more then just watch the video below to see how great this homebrew game is.

Can he fix it?[/size]

Fix-It Felix, Jr (PD) v0.01b | New Game in SEGA

[size=180]DOWNLOAD HERE![/size][/align:28lz008k]

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

Nice!

Wonder if someone could use the code for Beauty & the Beast and make an Intellivision version?

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Minerals

TrekMD

I have discovered that there are actually two versions of this game for the Genesis/MD.  This Future Driver version isn't as complete and the sound effects aren't all quite there.  It turns out that the cart version I got is a totally different ROM from a different homebrewer, Airwalk Studios.  Have a look at the video of this version (ROM version 1.0 - I have version 1.12, which adds more enhancements)...

[align=center:2zbtebi8]Fix-it Felix v1.0 Homebrew for Sega Genesis[/align:2zbtebi8]

TL

tomwaits

Looks like the Airwalk Studios version was coded separately, and the developer only sold 100 carts through private NintendoAge auctions?? A few buyers have resold on ebay. One auction ended at $137 recently and one reseller vermin is offering it at a $300 BIN! (no buyers)

The developer hasn't released the rom and has asked that no one dumps or distributes it. Hopefully he'll make a second run of carts with more advance notice/publicity...

TrekMD

What tom said.  :)  The private auction had a lot of restrictions on it.  Another one (one of the numbered ones) recently sold for a little over $100 in NA as well.  I don't know what the person asking $300 is thinking as they haven't sold anywhere near that price. 

TrekMD

I just added a review of the game as a featured game review.  :)

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"I just added a review of the game as a featured game review.  :)

Excellent stuff!

zapiy

Brilliant review btw fella..

Any way of contacting these guys for a Dev interview?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Quote from: "zapiy"Brilliant review btw fella..

Any way of contacting these guys for a Dev interview?

Glad you enjoyed it.  Contacting these guys for an interview is certainly an interesting question.  The person from Airwalk Studios who worked on the game is a member over at Nintendo Age (dra600n), so I may be able to ask him there.  I suppose Future Driver can be reached via their web site. 

TL

Future Driver is Japanese and Airwalk have only really done a few simple games so not sure there is much point.

zapiy

I dunno fella, this is a slight different idea to the normal interviews. Here i want to test out for a Speak to the Devs, a smaller interview that we do direct rather than open to the forum to give them some airtime that may help promote them and us in return. :113: