New Atari 2600 Homebrew - Katamari!

Started by TrekMD, July 05, 2013, 04:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Atari Age user Rabbit 2600 has created a new homebrew title for the 2600, Katamari!.  Here are some details about the game:

Story:
The Katamari Prince has been set out to roll up objects and make new planets for the Katamari King who'm feels lonely in the empty universe, the impatient and unhappy Katamari King can't wait, you have to do it now! Right away! And since the Katamari King is so sad the Katamari Prince is forced to play the Katamari King's favorite game - Dodge the lightnings. So set out, dear Katamari Prince, make the Katamari King happy!

Controls:
First screen: Use the joystick to move and collect the items before the time is up
Second screen: Use the joystick to move left and right to dodge the lightnings untill the time is up.
Next screens: Use the fire buttons to get past the "next screens"
The planet: When a planet has been created push the firebutton and push the joystick down to go back to collecting objects

Features :
15 different items to roll up!
Watch as your katamari ball grows bigger as you roll up objects!
2 Levels!
Animated rainbow level!

[align=center:29ccpstm]

[/align:29ccpstm]

I'm attaching the latest binary.  Further details can be found at the original Atari Age thread:  RELEASE - Katamari!

[align=center:29ccpstm][size=80]Posted with permission from Rabbit 2600.[/size][/align:29ccpstm]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Based on the PlayStaion game I am guessing!  :113:

TrekMD

I wasn't even aware of the PlayStation version but that would make sense.  :)

DreamcastRIP

Me neither. I'm aware of Katamari Damacy on PS2 though.  :4:
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "TrekMD"I wasn't even aware of the PlayStation version but that would make sense.  :)

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"
Quote from: "TrekMD"I wasn't even aware of the PlayStation version but that would make sense.  :)

No, I had never heard of it.  I'll have to see what the PSP version is like.

TrekMD

An updated binary file has been posted that allows for diagonal motion.  This makes the game more fun to play.  I'm attaching the updated binary below.