Frenzy - New Atari 7800 Homebrew!

Started by TL, June 28, 2013, 21:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "MaximumRD"For the record for those who wish to follow this development and offer comments, support, suggestions the SOURCE thread of this project information is over at Atariage:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/213784-re-started-an-old-abandoned-port/page__view__findpost__p__2780791

So you all know where "Bob "PacManPlus" DeCrescenzo" originally posted this.  8)

For the record, Bob has already given us permission to post about his games here.  He is also a member here.  No need to try to create animosity where none exists.

Yep, and all credit to Laird for posting this thread as otherwise the game's existence may have escaped the attention for those of us who choose not to visit AtariAge as a consequence of the reputation it has.
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

TrekMD

I'm early waiting to see a binary of this to test it out.  Bob's games are always awesome.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

PacManPlus

Hi Guys:

Yes - I'm grateful for anyone talking about the games I make - I can't frequent all of the sites all of the time so I have a main home.

Quote from: "TrekMD"I'm early waiting to see a binary of this to test it out.  Bob's games are always awesome.  :D

Thanks guys!

...BTW, what 'reputation' does AtariAge have?  This is the first I'm hearing of this?

Bob

TrekMD

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "PacManPlus"Thanks guys!

Sincere best wishes for what looks to be another high quality production from your good self.  :24:
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

TL

Quote from: "PacManPlus"Hi Guys:

Yes - I'm grateful for anyone talking about the games I make - I can't frequent all of the sites all of the time so I have a main home.

Quote from: "TrekMD"I'm early waiting to see a binary of this to test it out.  Bob's games are always awesome.  :D

Thanks guys!

...BTW, what 'reputation' does AtariAge have?  This is the first I'm hearing of this?

Bob

Thanks for coming here to post Bob, always appreciated.

And as for your second part, I don't wish to cause drama so I will just say 2 words: Jaguar "community"

PacManPlus

Ah.

Thanks again guys for the well wishes and kind words. :)

Bob

Gorf

Quote from: "PacManPlus"Hi Guys:

Thanks guys!

Bob

You sir, are a very hard guy to get a hold of.... :) The AA stuff......we can discuss that elsewhere if you like. Just watch your back over there bud. ;)

BTW, really great to see you here. Hope you make a habit of it.

TrekMD

Binaries have been posted to test the game.  Check out the original thread over in Atari Age:  Frenzy 7800

TrekMD

Here's a video of the game in action that Bob posted...

[align=center:k3kksvvf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i8M2A8zZd4g#at=28[/align:k3kksvvf]

Gorf

Looks better than the Coleco version. Well done Bob....glad to see Bob making use of the higher resolution.

TL

Looks fantastic from the video! I hope he adds some POKEY sound and speech!!!!  :16:

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"Looks fantastic from the video! I hope he adds some POKEY sound and speech!!!!  :16:

I think he is going to make it an XM game for that purpose but I am not sure.  I need to check the thread to see.

onthinice

guest4770

Frenzy is an utterly brilliant game.... and this version looks fantastic.

Why did Frenzy never get ports? I only know of the Colecovision one...