Let's Compare Jungle Hunt

Started by TrekMD, February 21, 2013, 01:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Let's take a look at yet another arcade classic and its home ports, Jungle Hunt!

[align=center:2h7tly4m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1rfla7MeJA&feature=em-subs_digest[/align:2h7tly4m]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Cool vid, very different takes on the game there.

Interesting how the 2600 has the parallax scrolling but the XL/XE version doesn't, but then the 2600 game has some big changes including the boulder level not being on a hill and a different end level.

I liked the TI99 version as I know nothing about that system and it looked nice and colourful.

The Coleco version was the best though IMO.

onthinice

Big fan of the 5200 and Atari Computer versions. Always wondered what a 7800 version might have looked like?

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Big fan of the 5200 and Atari Computer versions. Always wondered what a 7800 version might have looked like?

It likely would have been more arcade accurate visually but the sound would have been like the 2600 unless it had been given a POKEY chip.  :)

onthinice

Jungle Hunt is no Pac-Man. The 2600 version is pretty good. Guess it was a game that just did not need an update past the 5200.

TrekMD

It would be cool if someone ported it as homebrew title to the 7800.  :)  I'm sure it would be look fantastic!

onthinice

Yes. Maybe they could add Jungle King and Pirate Pete as game variations :4:

TL

There is a very nice ST clone that uses the original name for the game, Jungle Boy:

onthinice

For get a 7800 version. I want this one! Thanks Laird!!!!!

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"For get a 7800 version. I want this one! Thanks Laird!!!!!

:24:

That does look awesome!  I still want a 7800 version! 

onthinice

TL

It's easy enough to download the SainT emulator for the ST and play it.

onthinice

zapiy

Great stuff, was not aware of so many version either.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC