Another World - New Atari Jaguar Homebrew

Started by TL, December 18, 2012, 13:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"
Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "Shadowrunner"It's good to hear they are going ahead with this however the extra cost for shipping in a box with tracking takes this up to about $105.00! You would think with 200 copies plus that they could get a better deal on the parts needed to make these and the cost would go down. I already pre ordered so I guess I'll pay the extra to ensure it arrives safely but still not real happy about it.

I'm on the same boat as you there.

What are you doing on my boat? I'm pushing you overboard!  :P   ;)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"LOL! Okay you can stay  :D

TrekMD

Just got a message that production has started! 

http://www.yaronet.com/posts.php?s=153060

[align=center:2onrbupf]    [/align:2onrbupf]

TL

Such a shame they kept that terrible box design  :40:

AmigaJay

I think the box design is fine, better than most of the other versions out there, ESP the awful 'out of this world' us versions! and nice to see a new cartridge game for the Jag, though it does get repetitive after a while, it's a nice game very unique and impressive at the time.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Yeah looks ok to me, seen worse in any case.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Arethius_RGC

Hi guys.

It seems some of you are a bit disappointed, I can understand you. However please forgive us.

Anoyher World is our mostambitious and challenging project.we are a little association with limited ressource. we only gather once per month and dven ifwe do communicate thought our forum, some decision must be taken in our monthly meeting. Plus we are all in a relationship or busy with our ptofessionnal occupation so it is not simple to run a project like this one.
Befor we only release little series of ST orMSX games, or creatd box arts and manuals....
Here we are talking about 200 Jaguar Games...

Regarding the cover art, it was not easy we wanted to use the originalart (which is one of the best covert art of time in video gaming world). But also respect the Jaguar spirit... We did what we could , but it seems it was not enough. If we have to release another Jaguar game we will do better.

Concerning the shipping insurrance, this part was tottaly forgotten at the begining. With the preorders some people requested a insurrance. So we came up with this solution. I know it is not perfect but we acted as fast as possible. But we learned from it and for next release we will not do yhe same mistake.

Once again please forgive us for the inconvenience.

Shadowrunner

Thanks for the honesty but you really have no reason to apologize. Game fanatics like the people on this forum are a picky bunch and you really can't make everyone happy.

The cover design is just personal opinion, some like it and some don't but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. For the record I like it  :113:

TL

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Please don't take a few negative comments as a sign that people don't appreciate what you are doing cause we most certainly do and would love to see more Jag games being developed by your group.

Really looking forward to the game being released!  :113:

^^^ THIS!!!

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Please don't take a few negative comments as a sign that people don't appreciate what you are doing cause we most certainly do and would love to see more Jag games being developed by your group.

Really looking forward to the game being released!  :1:
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Arethius_RGC

Thanks guys.

Actually it is the shipping issue that was my primary concern. It is stupid we could have though about it earlier and all would have be better for every one. 

TrekMD

Quote from: "Arethius_RGC"Thanks guys.

Actually it is the shipping issue that was my primary concern. It is stupid we could have though about it earlier and all would have be better for every one.

You live and you learn.  :)  Next time you won't have this issue to deal with.  Looking forward to the release.

TL

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "The Laird"Interesting article about the release on Venture Beat

http://venturebeat.com/2013/04/25/conso ... ri-jaguar/

Loved this quote from Eric Chahi.

QuoteI was amazed by the quality of this version. Seb coded it in assembly language  using the advantage of the Jaguar hardware. It is one of the best versions, clearly. The code is so well optimized that if the frame rate is not limited, it can run maybe at least five times faster than the original with all the enhanced graphics.

Impressive.  :1:
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac