WM's Magical Game Factory: ProjectN for SNES/SFC

Started by 108 Stars, September 11, 2012, 20:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

108 Stars

[align=center:2tgh1x08][size=180]ProjectN[/size][/align:2tgh1x08]

Over twelve years after the development of the last SNES/Super Famicom game, ProjectN is coming! Polls just started, you decide!

What kind of gamewill ProjectN be?
It could be a platformer, a genre well known to the system's fans. We could try to replicate the charm of a Super Mario.

Or maybe an Action/Adventure game with an open world... and why not throw in a few puzzles along with a touch of RPG? Zelda meets Pocky & Rocky.

What about a collection of mini-games, each one more insane than the one before, directly from Pier Solar's magical school. Or a surprise? Or a mode7 racer? Or a port of WM's ProjectY? You decide!

Then comes the "spirit" of the game. Strict and rigid, ironic, perverted or normal. Don't get it wrong, this is of utter importance!
Check out the polls page!

GENRE: ???
RELEASE DATE:  16/08/2013
SYSTEM(S): SNES / Super Famicom, ++
DEVELOPER(S): WM

WHY SHOULD I JOIN AND INVEST?

How do I join a project?
If a project is open to join, you can join by investing at least one GEM into the project.

What are GEMS? How much do they cost?
GEMS are Watermelon's currency. As for now, one GEM is equal to 10 cents (USD) with the possibility of changing later on.
You can use GEMS to invest in a project. If you earn some GEMS, you can use them to get discounts on products, get coupons, etc.

What do I get for my investment in a project?
Magical Game Factory investments offer access to voting and conversion features.

How much do I have to invest to save myself one copy of the game?
500GEMS (USD 50) for one edition of the game reserved exclusively to Investors.

More information on http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

108 Stars

4 days to go for the first and most important poll: the genre.

And really, there are only two options many people vote for: Action-adventure (51.9%) and platformer (44.38%) are close competitors atm. :)

I am surprised that a mode-7-racer is so faaaar behind at 1.55%.
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

TL

108 Stars

I am happy whatever the end result may be, but maybe I would favor a platformer; I do like action-adventures since they are so close to RPGs better usually, but on the other hand I would like our company to diversify in very different genres. I would not want us to become stuck with a specific kind of game atm.

An action-adventure would probably be voted to be top-down and a lot like Zelda... just too close to Pier Solar in style for my taste.

But the fans decide, and that's the primary idea, so we will do what they want. :)

zapiy

Forgive me for asking but are you involved with this project fella?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

108 Stars

Not sure yet if I will be personally involved, but I am a founding member of WaterMelon, the company behind it. So I might be involved.

At the moment I am just spreading the word for all our projects, whether I am working on them personally or not. :)

zapiy

Awesome stuff.. Sorry if you already mentioned it.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Shadowrunner

And an update for this one too!

QuoteFirst, some news about the project.

As you may know, the programmer of the game and I has spent nearly a whole month working toguether, 7/7 in Shanghai, China. The progress has been outstanding as the game is soon to reach a fully playable state:
All the graphical content and code features are there. There are 10 levels interconnected by a dozen of intermissions, the game is big!

What's left to do is:
Complete the levels layout, the cutscenes, fixing bugs, polishing and gameplay adjustments (and possibly adding one or two more features).

Some people has questioned us about the lack of news regarding the game name or/and preview of the packaging so it's worth mentioning again:
The answer is simple, for a small company like us, we can only copyright the game assets, packaging and name, at once, when it is finalized. It will happen at same time we open preorders to public. Opening preorders will happen only once we are 100% fixed on a release date. Waiting for copyright doesn't mean we don't work on the packaging: It's complete and it's quite unique. You will have a preview of it at the time you will pick your copies.

zapiy

Shadowrunner

It's been awhile but I received another update on this game.

QuoteRegarding ProjectN
As you know, there has been a particularly intense work session of 3 weeks duration, January, Germany, on ProjectN.

You may want to have progress updates, here they are:
- The game is fully playable from start to end means all content is there (no more dummy sprites and backgrounds).
- programming wise, most performances issues has been nailed, the game will be smooth, that was tough!
- we will be now focussing at polishing and start betatesting VERY soon.
- We maybe forgot to say, the game is huge, +10 levels, bosses and surprises included.

One of the tweaking challenge is to make sure the levels are perfectly matching character abilities (shoot, slash) and the dog companion specifics. Most importantly, make the game fun while challenging!
The wait is huge, indeed, but the unique feel of the game will hopefully reward the efforts (your patience also count as a effort).
No need to mention it again but the manufacturing process of the game, including cartridges and packaging is nearly ready, a relief so we focus on the game entirely.]

Shouldn't be too long now :)

zapiy

Thanks fella.. look forward to this release now.