Atari Box

Started by TrekMD, June 09, 2017, 04:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cryptic33

For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

I found this interview on YouTube about the new Atari VCS.  Interesting to listen to what is said about the project and what the plans are...

TrekMD

Another delay, though this one is quite plausible and not their fault if true:  Atari VCS console delayed, report blames Coronavirus outbreak.

zapiy

I’m sure this will struggle big time now anyway.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

That's a real shame. I've had items delayed that I ordered, but they are saying it's got to do with their Chinese New Year lmao...i never thought that ordering online interfered is somebody packing it up and handing it over to the carrier? Lol

God knows how long it will take..probably the same length of time this Atari VCS will take to come out? I hope they can get through their issues and release sooner rather than later.

TrekMD

Chinese New Years closes down all business in China. Now with the coronavirus, all the factories are not even at full capacity.  This is affecting the Evercade as well (delayed ~2 months) and it is even affecting Apple.  Apple is losing millions of dollars daily because the factories are no manufacturing the iPhones for the very same reason.  So, it affecting Atari shouldn't come as a surprise. 

Apple Signals Coronavirus’s Threat to Global Businesses

TrekMD

I got this on email today and thought I'd share it (I've even kept the formatting!).  Excited or not, here you go...

Excited for the new Atari VCS?
Join the waiting list to get one first.

Join Waiting List

When the Atari VCS is available we will email you.
You will have 48 hours to purchase before losing your spot.

There is no commitment to purchase.

Want to jump the line?
Pre-order the Atari VCS now.

Preorder Now

________________________________________________________________________________

The Atari VCS will ship in the following order:

1. Original Indiegogo backers who have prepaid for Atari VCS (sold out)
    2. Individuals who have pre-ordered via AtariVCS.com or one of our retail partners.
    3. Individuals on the Atari VCS waiting list

zapiy

The price is outrageous as far as I am concerned.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Hell hath frozen!

Atari VCS Production Officially Begins

Today’s update marks an important event as we “Flip the switch” on Atari VCS mass production!

That’s right; this week, mass production on the first new Atari VCS systems is underway. Our Indiegogo campaign page header has changed to show that Atari VCS is officially in the “Production” stage.

This is the batch of approximately 500 pieces as mentioned previously. These important Atari VCS Onyx systems are mainly earmarked for additional content developers, merchant and distributor samples and other critical business uses such as standard reliability testing, in advance of the full 10,000 unit run of Collector’s Edition and Onyx units going to our valued Indiegogo Backers, and then more units for our following customers.

Technically, we have been in various phases of “Production” for many months, but the team always felt that it wouldn't be right to change the header until we enter mass production.

We and our partners continue fighting hard to overcome the ongoing supply chain obstacles to the full Indiegogo run, and are doing everything in our power so that you backers -- being first in line -- can actually be playing with your Atari VCS as soon as practicable. As always, we'll provide more updates as we are able.

The entire Atari team hopes you, your family and friends all stay safe and healthy during these unprecedented times, and send our sincere gratitude and well-wishes to all the medical and front-line workers around the world.

More soon…

â€" The Atari VCS Team

TrekMD

Another update from Atari...

We hope that each of you, your families, and your friends are staying safe and healthy during the quarantine. This unusual period has presented many challenges, but also afforded some opportunities for the Atari VCS team to capitalize on the extra time that comes with staying put. May 30th, 2020 marks the two year anniversary of the Atari VCS campaign on Indiegogo, and while to some it may feel like it's been even longer, we know it's all been worth it. The Atari VCS has come a long way and it’s almost here! Still, we ask that everyone please remember that to successfully make these final steps, as short as they are, the Atari VCS remains fully-dependent on the China supply and manufacturing chain returning to normal conditions.

Despite the ongoing travel restrictions, we continue working closely with our manufacturing partners to finalize the production and delivery of the Atari VCS system and accessories this year. The team is spending more time than ever on trans-continental video conferences to make up for the lost factory visits. The first batch of ~500 Atari VCS has made steady progress to completion, with some key discoveries along the way that have allowed the teams to further refine the production processes.

Atari VCS team members and a closed test-group have been putting the hardware and software through their paces over the past several weeks. Head over to our newest Atari VCS Developer Blog on Medium to read our latest update. We think you will be pretty excited when you see some of the games and apps that testers have been running on their Atari VCS units.

TrekMD

Looks like Atari has announced some "exclusive" titles for the VCS...

TrekMD

Hey, at least they have a cool animated GIF for the VCS...

TrekMD

OMG, there's an official launch date for the VCS!  Atari VCS Launching November 27th for $389.99 .

Shadowrunner

Nice to see an actual date but wow that is expensive. Atari has their fans who will buy this but I don't see the average person buying one at that price.