The history of Superman in videogames

Started by PatmanQC, June 21, 2020, 12:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Great video!  Superman has not fared well on video games.  The 2600 game is pretty good, despite it being primitive.  The Amiga game looks pretty good, though, and the Genesis/SNES Death & Return of Superman is a good one too.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

PatmanQC

Quote from: TrekMD on June 21, 2020, 18:57:40 PM
Great video!  Superman has not fared well on video games.  The 2600 game is pretty good, despite it being primitive.  The Amiga game looks pretty good, though, and the Genesis/SNES Death & Return of Superman is a good one too.

I have a question, if you have watch the video all the way through how were the ads? Were there a lot or just a couple?

TrekMD

Oh, I don't get ads because I pay for Google Play Music, so that gets me YouTube Premium included.  Sorry, I can't help answer that question. 

PatmanQC

Quote from: TrekMD on June 21, 2020, 22:32:29 PM
Oh, I don't get ads because I pay for Google Play Music, so that gets me YouTube Premium included.  Sorry, I can't help answer that question.
Okay, thanks

Ryuhi

Superman has been a very tough nut to crack when it comes to video games. The best is probably the injustice games which doesn't really count because it the whole Of DC comics. Personally I like the look of death and return of superman, I also like the look of the Xbox. The stand out for me is the Superman arcade game from Taito. I think it looks great and it is a shame that it never got any home console release. The second player is clearly meant to be Captain Marvel/Shazam.

PatmanQC

Quote from: Ryuhi on June 22, 2020, 10:43:58 AM
Superman has been a very tough nut to crack when it comes to video games. The best is probably the injustice games which doesn't really count because it the whole Of DC comics. Personally I like the look of death and return of superman, I also like the look of the Xbox. The stand out for me is the Superman arcade game from Taito. I think it looks great and it is a shame that it never got any home console release. The second player is clearly meant to be Captain Marvel/Shazam.
Yes I talked about this  in my original video on the arcade game. I actually spoke with one of the developers who said that it was going to be Capt. Marvel but DC did not want any competition from other superheroes in the game so they went with the Superman red/Superman blue motif instead.

TrekMD

It would have been cool had they allowed for Captain Marvel to be part of the game. 

Ryuhi

Was considering buying the Xbox game but it is not on any list of games compatible with the Xbox 360 that I can find. Might look into the ps2 game instead.