New Retro Handheld: Evercade

Started by Shadowrunner, July 05, 2019, 20:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Yes it's another one of these! There's a ton of these handhelds being released with emulators on them, but this one is a bit different. This one actually has interchangeable cartridges from various publishers. Legal and no need for Roms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4GbtStt-Dw

https://evercade.co.uk/

Prices and currently announced games in the link above and it's supposed to be released later this year. Not sure if I'll get one yet but I'm definitely interested.

TrekMD

I got an email about this myself.  It does looks cool because it uses cartridges.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

It looks cool. I actually have high hopes for this one if priced correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

DeadVoivod

Looks indeed good. 4.3" is too small for me though, I still have some JXD consoles lying around, and the bigger 7" s7300 is a really good handheld, absolutely love it.

Console pricing is 69.99â,¬ plus one cartridge. Definitely gonna follow it, that's affordable.

zapiy

Thats the good thing about it, the price.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

New info today! Pre-orders start next Friday the 6th and they also announced a black version of the handheld that will be exclusive to Funstock in the UK. They will ship worldwide though if anyone outside the UK doesn't want the white model.

Actual release date isn't till 20th of March 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sHQxeb9mKY

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

Well I just pre-ordered one. ;D

There are no retailers in Canada so I was concerned about the shipping cost but it was really cheap so I went for it. I got the limited edition black one with the three game bundle. Now I just have to wait till March!

TrekMD

Cool!  I got three emails about this today. 

DeadVoivod

Quote from: TrekMD on September 06, 2019, 19:01:37 PM
Cool!  I got three emails about this today. 

Me too, but I'm out, kinda like it, but I would never use it, screen is definitely too small for me.

zapiy

Quote from: Shadowrunner on September 06, 2019, 15:00:38 PM
Well I just pre-ordered one. ;D

There are no retailers in Canada so I was concerned about the shipping cost but it was really cheap so I went for it. I got the limited edition black one with the three game bundle. Now I just have to wait till March!

Let us know your thoughts on it fella.

Shadowrunner

Shadowrunner

New cartridge revealed today.

I'm not a huge Double Dragon fan, but the rest of the games on this would be cool to have.

TrekMD

Nice set of games.  So, this is a different collection?

Shadowrunner

Yeah, all of the cartridges for this are multi game collections. Not bad for under $20 each.