The Atari 2600 VCS Thread

Started by TL, February 20, 2013, 20:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Just watched this nice video looking at 2600 games that pushed the console...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Spector

I just ordered a Harmony Encore cartridge. I will now pray to Jesus that it makes its way safely to the United Kingdom from America over the next few weeks...
DEATH TO SUGAR

TrekMD

Oh, that's a great buy!  Enjoy it!

zapiy

Review?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Spector

I'll review it if you like :)  Might take a while for it to get here though, as I've heard there's a slow turnover of processing orders. Will be worth it in the end though I'm sure 8)
DEATH TO SUGAR

TrekMD

Another cool video on the Atari 2600.  This one looks at games with endings...

TrekMD

This video looks at some cool hacks of 2600 games by Scott Dayton.  I have several of these!

TrekMD

Here's another video that looks at PAL exclusives on the 2600...

TrekMD

TrekMD

TrekMD

Wired-Up Retro released this interesting video that looks at details of Atari 2600 controllers that have remained hidden from many an Atari fan.  You are about to find out what very few people know... and it's all for the sake of fun :)

Here's a summary of some of the secrets that will be revealed in the video...

1) the Atari CX-22 Trak-Ball has a desirable feature that the later-released black CX-80 Trakball doesn't have. In fact, there are other 2600-compatible trackballs that have this feature as well... 

2) The combo paddle/joystick 2600 controllers made by Sears and Coleco are not as effective to play paddle games  on a light sixer or heavy sixer unless you have a particular item to use with the controller. There are some people here who may have never known about this.

3) Omega Race is a two-button game requiring a special "Booster Grip" to properly play it. Some may not have that Booster Grip, but there is another way to play the game... and a controller from another gaming console is the key.

4) There's a particular mouse that can be used to play 2600 games, but there's a trick that you have to know in order to make it "active".

Enjoy!

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

TrekMD

TrekMD