Capcom Home Arcade

Started by Shadowrunner, April 16, 2019, 16:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Capcom was teasing something yesterday, and today they revealed this!

Full list of games and other info here. http://www.capcomhomearcade.com/home

Before anyone gets too excited though, the price is listed at $287.49, £203.31! If this was half the price and had double the amount of games I'd be tempted, but this is just way too much. Also not sure if I like the design either, pretty gimmicky looking IMO.

DeadVoivod

Hm? Design is indeed strange. I’d rather use my X-Arcade stick. And 16 games is pretty lame too. Not even talking about the price.

Greyfox

Couldn't believe seeing this myself, I thought it was a spoof until I was brought to the main site, the emulation is been done by FireBurn Alpha and not some custom emulation, but I think the quality build is going to be good I reckon?

It will also probably be hackable for a Retro PI I'd bet, as I can't see the games on board will probably have a 512mb to 1gb of flash memory so no point on hijacking it to insert other roms. I'd guess that you're looking at about $150 bucks for this..just in time for the holiday season 😉

Shadowrunner

I think you missed the fine print. ;) $150 wouldn't be too bad, but this is almost double that!

TrekMD

The page seems to be down?  I can't get to it.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Just tried and it's still working for me. Not sure.

TrekMD

Well, it's working now.  Maybe it was having issues when I tried before.

Greyfox

Yeah..sorry id misread that price..Jesus 250+ nahh this isn't going to sell, but I think they are basing it on the build quality, they are using very high-end arcade buttons and sticks, etc..so it will be durable and tough.

Ryuhi

I initially liked the look of this but then the price was a big turn off. :(

zapiy

Not sure who this is aimed at, to pricey for impulse purchases for a start and nearly the cost of a modern console.

Having said that, it looks stunning and if I had the spare cash I would be all over this.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I agree.  It has an excellent game selection but the price is just too high and hard to justify.

Saturn

That price kills it for me. Hope it's worth it for those who do get one. Lol

zapiy

I guess they are aiming at a certain target?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

That or they're missing the target!

Greyfox

Lol. I think this is one of those "Capcom'' moments to which they think it is a " They will come" idea