Sinclair Vega Plus

Started by psj3809, September 16, 2016, 13:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psj3809

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-sinclair-zx-spectrum-vega-plus-console-games#/

Sure we all remember this, been quite a journey for this campaign ! For unknown reasons the original guy behind it left earlier this year, then a war of words started. Fans on both sides arguing with each other, been quite depressing.

To be fair silence at times hasnt helped the devs but recently theres been more news and they have more news soon with the announcement of when its out. Sadly some twitter users are just constantly belittling everything about this project. Again i can see there might be some issues but the constant hounding over and over is ridiculous and makes their other claims look false.

I backed this a while ago, if its late i dont mind. Countless kickstarters/indiegogo campaigns are late. IF it looks like it did in the original mock-up (Like a Speccy PSP) i'll be happy. Yeah theres other cheaper devices out there (Like a PSP) but as this is a 'Sinclair' device i'm looking forward to it.

But yeah been quite a drama about it so far ! Hope it ends well !

zapiy

Your right mate, I nearly did a full exploratory piece on this but decide to give the guys the benefit of the doubt.. I hardly needed to fan the flames anymore than what others were anyway.. After all we are only little RVG lol..

Would love your thoughts on this when you get it and maybe a review?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

psj3809

Well theres a date for them to show the first units - October 20th

Shipping apparently wont be too long after that and in time for Xmas. Think its great news. I must admit i think they could have shown more the last few months, one minute there was nothing, just an early early prototype (looked like it was a bar of soap) and now suddenly theyre going to show the first finished ones late Oct

Its been depressing the 'in-fighting' of Speccy fans, reading the crap from 'Waldorf and Statler' on Twitter is just ridiculous. They raise some good points but the constant belittling of the project and the people involved many times a day is just bordering on insane.

If the Vega plus messes up it messes up, if its late its late. Many kickstaters/indiegogo campaigns are

But suddenly the Vega looks like we'll see it late October and backers some point after that. All the national press are talking about the launch so it looks like its pretty certain its going to happen (Granted Elite got a lot of press and look at that).

But again the depressing anti-Vega Plus stuff is just bordering on the ridiculous. Twitter accounts created JUST to pick at every part of the project. Just cant take it seriously

Would love for the device to be released, work as promised and then those guys shut up. I've backed a few kickstarters in the past and at times there are issues but so far (touch wood !) everything i've backed has been completed.

I know you do get some nightmares (iControlPad2 was one !) where people lost a lot of money. But i've never in all my years seen a constant constant snidey little campaign like the one with Nick and some other anonymous cowards. Just ridiculous. Big shame

zapiy

Yeah, I have followed this from a distance, its embarrassing to see some of the chitchat that's gone one but I understand people's passions with stuff like this.

Look forward to seeing more on this later next month then.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

psj3809

Like I say I think they could have had more photos or more updates but I don't mind as long as I get one soon and it appears it'll happen.

Granted a second hand PSP would be cheaper but as this has the Sinclair badge on it I must admit I'm loving it that there's a Sinclair product out in the year 2016. Glad the crowdfunding was a huge success as hopefully it'll lead to more similar products

Once it's out I hope all this in-fighting will stop. Some funny and ridiculous twitter posts though !

psj3809

Well Thursdays the day and its coming up soon.

Its all gone Eastenders though, WOS had contact from its host as someones reported WOS for having illegal files due to copyright etc.

And now Nick H's twitter (Sinclairly_) has disappeared today and sadly the Your Sinclair tribute site (Great site). To be fair he was banging on for months how corrupt the Vega +'s owners were etc and moaning about delays.

Just ridiculous. There was a time when the whole of WOS/Speccy owners were united in the long 30 year battle with C64 owners ;) Now they're against each other.

Intrigued to know if the Vega+ will launch this week or we'll get a preview of it. 48 hours to go ! (Da da da da da da - eastenders end tune)

zapiy

Thanks for keeping us updated on this fella. Seems a real shame it's all gone weird. Why all the internal fighting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psj3809

Yeah i hate all the fighting within the retro community, specially Sinclair stuff. I've been on football forums before and they're much tamer than lots of stuff i've seen regarding retro - crazy

Hopefully we'll hear when the backers will get them. Lots of the negative trolls keep going on about RC said it would be August/September.

I dont mind it being a bit late, hopefully get it before Xmas which i'm sure we will (As surely any manufacturer wants to get stuff out ready for Xmas).

Should hear more later

Edit - 5pm - Nothing yet, nothing on their twitter, no pics or anything. Hmmm ! So far this launch days been piss poor

zapiy

Ummmmm, I will make contact and see what I can find out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psj3809

Well there was one picture of the main guy holding a Vega but nothing else. Apparently soon we'll get a proper video and more pictures (but they have to go through them checking them apparently ?). I 100% believe it'll come out but i think they should provide updates/photos ASAP.

The trolls who have created twitter accounts just to continue to bash the device 100% are apparently relatives/friends of one of the original Vega guys which is a huge shame.

Now some people want their money back from the Indiegogo campaign as its 2 months overdue. Havent people backed campaigns before ? Most i've backed are always a bit late but i always get the item.

I'm sure in the next week or so we'll get more details/photos. I'm not worried personally

zapiy

Two years on this continues to separate the retro scene, I normally remain neutral but in this case I decided to do some research..

This guy rips them a new ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lffaZTQ17gI

Watch some of his videos, there is many opinions and I do like to give people a chance but when you think about it this has dragged on for a long long time now, the majority owners have called a meeting with the shareholders to remove the board and hopefully move this forward.

In honestly its a sad state of affairs but one thats very interesting.

deKay

It's an utter shambles.

I'm on the side that "It ain't gon happen", and for full disclosure, I'm not a backer either. That said, it's RCL's constant nonsense, lack of concrete info, backtracking, lies and "it's being delayed because of trolls!" that's the problem rather than the Vega itself.

If the device actually exists, show it.
If you've ordered parts, prove it.
If you've a list of games, list them.

None of these things would be necessary if they'd kept everyone up to date. If I were a backer, I'd be happy with delays if they showed progress. If they could explain them. But after two years, they need a lot more to show for half a million quid than "it's still coming honest oh please believe me".

Despite all this, I do think some of the anti-RCL brigade may have crossed a line. Be angry, complain, even take the piss. But don't cross the line they want you to in order to provide another excuse for not delivering.

I honestly think that despite my poor electronics skills, *I* could build a Vega+ in under two years.

guest6253

I agree with DeKay on every point.

I've been following this project since its beginnings over two years ago, mostly as a fascinated bystander (I am also not a backer, thank goodness). As I said on Twitter yesterday, given the incredible lack of communication by RCL, given the proliferation of lies from those running the company, given the lack of any - and I must stress this - ANY solid evidence that such a project was ever anything more than a pipe dream, given the countless missed deadlines - given all of that, I would be absolutely amazed if the RCL Vega+ ever gets released at all. And even if it does materialize, I'm not sure that I would want to spend a penny on any device that has been apparently fraught with so many delays. I mean, how can anyone trust RCL to do anything technical? They just re-launched their new website by using a standard template from squarespace? Really? RCL is not run by anyone with professional experience, if it's being run at all.

So, despite the absolute hate-mongering from those backers who have yet to receive their devices two years on (which, I agree, is much more vitriolic and personal than it needs to be), the jilted backers have a reason to be angry.

RCL has burned too many people time and time again. They have now said that they'll be shipping units between May 8 and May 12. I would bet my house and my cars that this deadline will be missed.

Occam's Razor (at least as far as Spock understands it) states that when all other evidence has been eliminated, what remains, however unlikely, must be the truth. All the evidence over the past two years indicates that, no matter how much backers might want to believe otherwise, this whole project is a scam.

Mark Little
www.atarilynxhandycast.net

zapiy

I agree wholeheartedly, normally I remain neutral especially with all the heavy negativity aimed at them, I honestly don't blame these people, some like you say have gone OTT but again its been over two years of constant lies from what I can see, I wonder what will happen if the owners get the directors out? Do we see a massive change?

deKay

And in the last hour, another delay.

The 1000 Games list was supposed to be published originally "By May 1st", then "On May 1st", and now?

QuoteCheck Back
Friday, May 4, 2018
5:00 PM  6:00 PM
Google Calendar  ICS
Check back on Friday for the games list and much more