Atari 7800 Joystick Coupler

Started by TrekMD, March 23, 2018, 02:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

I wanted to share this in case anyone is interested.  Etsy seller ItsAllGeek3D has made available 3D printed couplers for the Atari 7800 controllers so you can play games like Robtron 2084 and T!ME Salvo.  You can order them here:  Atari 7800 Controller Coupling W/ Mounting Holes.  These are available in multiple colors if you want anything other than black. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

That's really cool. Good way to make that terrible controller actually useful!

TrekMD

And significantly cheaper than getting an Eladdin Dual Joystick controller.  As good as those are, they do cost a lot.

zapiy

Very clever indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I don't know if you're aware but these are based on a design by Atari from back in the 80's.  Atari never released these but prototypes have been found (they have one at the Video Game Museum in Texas).  So, these are essentially 3D printed versions of that, which is indeed clever.  :)

TrekMD

If anyone still wants these, there is a new vendor for them as the original one no longer makes them.  Here is the address:  https://www.vintagecomputercenter.com/product/atari-7800-joystick-coupler

guest6401

Do those slide out of the unit? I recall the original coupler had a ridge on it that acted like a clip

TrekMD

These have the clip also.  In fact, if you're not careful if you want to take the controllers out, they will just fly out!