After rigorous testing at Ejagfest 2019 I can announce:FROGS for ATARI STe V1.1 ARCADE UPDATE is out (no beta anymore!)
If contains several bugfixes and even a new screen scrolling effect. (I did it! I finally figured a way how to do a nice screen scrolling FX at least on a STe in GFA Basic!!! Ok, real good ST coders might read this with disbelieve and pity, but this is a big one for me!!! Hahaha!)
Free Download at: https://www.hd-videofilm.com/frogsBug fixes:
§R5411B – Bug in Auto-AI. Frogs once pushed by another frog were not picked up by the new Auto-AI even if they have never been moved by a player - Fixed.
§R3411B – Bug in Auto-AI on ST. Auto-AI did work on standard ST – Fixed.
§R3311B – Bug in MIDI Gaming. Time was not correctly displayed in slave – Fixed.
§R2811B – Bug in MIDI Gaming. End of a timer-game was not correctly reported to slave – Fixed.
§R4911B – Bug in timer-game. Game screen changing abruptly on end of timer-game – Fixed.
§R4411B – Bug in MIDI gaming. Sky was not rendered correctly on slave – Fixed.
§R23108 – Memory management on 1MB Atari STe. 1MB Memory management failed on ATARI STe causing game to crash when switching to „CLASSIC C64“ skin mode - Fixed.
§R3511B – Bogus bug numbers. In bug fix report, bogus senseless bug numbers have been used to impress readers – Fixed.
- 512K machines opened the game and crashed without warning due to to less RAM. Now the game loading is cancelled with a proper message (see new user options)
- Standard ATARI ST with Blitter (Mega ST). Blitter chip was utilized but additional animations and graphical FX have not been played – Fixed.Known Issues:
- 1MB machines have barely enough RAM to play the game with all graphical FX. If the system is booted from hard drive, the hard drive-driver might just use some vital KBs. If so, the new scrolling FX might be omitted. Boot from floppy is recommended on a 1MB system.New user Options:
There is a new file in the DATA folder “MEMORY.DAT” that controls memory usage in FROGS. It holds 3 numbers in KB that are seen a minimum requirement in free RAM. Users might want to experiment with these numbers on a low-RAM STe system:
◦ 1st number – minimum threshold KB RAM needed to load the game at all – Default 500.
◦ 2nd number – minimum threshold KB RAM to load DAM sound samples (frog fight sounds) – Default 650
◦ 3rd number – Minimum threshold KB RAM to enable the screen scrolling FX – Default 750