Retro Video Gamer

Welcome to Retro Video Gamer => Retro News & Chat => Topic started by: PatmanQC on May 11, 2020, 16:21:20 PM

Title: The History of Commando Arcade Documentary
Post by: PatmanQC on May 11, 2020, 16:21:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv7UO4FhYk0 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv7UO4FhYk0)
Title: Re: The History of Commando Arcade Documentary
Post by: TrekMD on May 11, 2020, 20:31:28 PM
I love this game.  I was introduced to this game when I got the Atari 7800 version.  I'm glad it had a POKEY chip!  Another excellent video, @PatmanQC
Title: Re: The History of Commando Arcade Documentary
Post by: ArcadeAction on May 12, 2020, 03:55:12 AM
Coincidentally, I took this photo today. I had previously restored this game to working order and kept the burned in tube.

Great game.
Title: Re: The History of Commando Arcade Documentary
Post by: TrekMD on May 12, 2020, 04:02:25 AM
Well, isn't that something?
Title: Re: The History of Commando Arcade Documentary
Post by: PatmanQC on May 18, 2020, 05:05:17 AM
Quote from: TrekMD on May 11, 2020, 20:31:28 PM
I love this game.  I was introduced to this game when I got the Atari 7800 version.  I'm glad it had a POKEY chip!  Another excellent video, @PatmanQC
Thank you
Title: Re: The History of Commando Arcade Documentary
Post by: ArcadeAction on May 18, 2020, 18:36:47 PM
Quote from: PatmanQC on May 18, 2020, 05:05:17 AM
Quote from: TrekMD on May 11, 2020, 20:31:28 PM
I love this game.  I was introduced to this game when I got the Atari 7800 version.  I'm glad it had a POKEY chip!  Another excellent video, @PatmanQC
Thank you

The pokey chip is a major advantage. It’s too bad that all 7800 games didn’t have that chip.
Title: Re: The History of Commando Arcade Documentary
Post by: TrekMD on May 18, 2020, 21:40:59 PM
I know but now that the XM is certainly coming out, we'll be able to get more games that take advantage of improved sound capabilities.