The Sega Mega Drive & Genesis Thread

Started by dcultrapro, August 28, 2012, 13:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"what game was it I saw recently where a character or robot had to fly around a map and find enemy points/locations etc, can't remember which one it was

I'm definitely tempted to look into the following:

(I have the SMS versions of Xenon 2 and Rambo 3)

Mega Turrican
Shadow Dancer
Zero Tollerance (wow FPS??)
the punisher

theres a few others I wanna look into, is Battletech any good? I saw a vid of that and the graphics look excellent

No idea what game you are talking about!

Not played Battletech.

The Punisher might be a bit out of your price range . . . .

Vyothric

Not yet mentioned:

Streets of Rage 1 (  :P )
Castlevania
Mega Bomberman (not the best version, but it's still Bomberman)

dcultrapro

its strange, I can't remember what system it was for now, I'm pretty sure its a 16bit game or possibly Master System, its a top down perspective and it looked like really good fun, you pilot something around a map and have to kill enemies and avoid their fire, though its mission based and not a scrolling Shmup

I'm gonna look into Mega Turrican now actually
Ultrapro on xbox live

onthinice

How is Cannon Fodder for the Mega Drive?

dcultrapro

pretty good I'd say, though I do slightly prefer the Jaguar version because of the improved sound and what not but theres really not a lot of difference between gameplay/graphics at all

Punisher is going for £1,000!!! holy fcuk, and Mega Turrican is nowhere to be seen, though I SERIOUSLY remember that front cover (googled it) think I may possibly have owned it or been tempted to buy it in the past
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"pretty good I'd say, though I do slightly prefer the Jaguar version because of the improved sound and what not but theres really not a lot of difference between gameplay/graphics at all

Punisher is going for £1,000!!! holy fcuk, and Mega Turrican is nowhere to be seen, though I SERIOUSLY remember that front cover (googled it) think I may possibly have owned it or been tempted to buy it in the past

I was lucky with my Punisher, I got it for £28 when it usually goes for over £100!!!  :o

I picked up Mega Turrican a while back but can't remember how much I paid.

dcultrapro

think I worked out what game I was thinking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxbcvNjq1Ns

lol, couldn't for the life of me remember the name, that does look good

so far none of the games I'd be interested in are coming up at good prices, nothing for Granada either :(
Ultrapro on xbox live

onthinice

Yes it does!

I have played the 3DO version of Cannon Fodder. I was not sure what Genesis games were not released as Mega Drive games and vice versa. I do have Toe Jam & Earl. So I will second that game.

TL

Granada is amazing, the scaling and rotation effects on the bosses are amazingly impressive!!!

It was only released in the US and Japan so you will need to seach worldwide, I paid about £10 for mine and the exchange rate is great at the moment too.

dcultrapro

so which T & E game is it I should look at, the first one?

oh and will this allow me to use any region games that have protection?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pro-Action-Re ... 717wt_1298
Ultrapro on xbox live

Vyothric

I think most people prefer the first one. I actually quite liked the second though.

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"so which T & E game is it I should look at, the first one?

Yeah the first one, second one is ok but quite a different game and nowhere near as good.

Quote from: "dcultrapro"oh and will this allow me to use any region games that have protection?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pro-Action-Re ... 717wt_1298

Yes, that is the exact one that I have!

Most US games will play fine without it though.

Shadowrunner

Getting this topic back on track,
The best game for the Mega Drive is of course Shadowrun!!!!   
You guys should really know that   :P

dcultrapro

I'm bidding on the following on Ebay after peoples suggestions:

Alisia Dragoon
Mercs
Toe Jam And Earl
Wrestle War (not a suggestion, I had it before; Nostalgia lol)
Asterix and the Great Rescue
Shadow Dancer
Zero Tolerence
Vectorman

please keep the suggestions coming!

whats shadow run like? and has anyone played Battletech? Saw the graphics of that and if I can find it reasonably priced I might buy it
Ultrapro on xbox live

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "dcultrapro"I'm bidding on the following on Ebay after peoples suggestions:

Alisia Dragoon
Mercs
Toe Jam And Earl
Wrestle War (not a suggestion, I had it before; Nostalgia lol)
Asterix and the Great Rescue
Shadow Dancer
Zero Tolerence
Vectorman

please keep the suggestions coming!

whats shadow run like? and has anyone played Battletech? Saw the graphics of that and if I can find it reasonably priced I might buy it

Shadowrun is a cyber punk adventure / RPG. Awesome game!