Favourite Game Compilations

Started by zapiy, January 13, 2014, 10:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Another cool collection for the PSP...

[align=center:2mssgd6d][/align:2mssgd6d]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Quote from: "TrekMD"Well, this is about compilations.  So here is one of my favorites.  For the Sony PSP, the Namco Museum Battle Collection. Though it does have updated (or "arranged") versions of old classics, all the originals are here as well.

[align=center:1v2mxo4p][/align:1v2mxo4p]

Oh wow i wonder if this got a UK release..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

You should check.  It is definitely a fantastic compilation and the "arranged" versions stay true to the classics while modernizing them and optimizing the game to the PSP's screen. 

TL

Going back to the Spectrum, this was another compilation that I picked up not long after getting the computer, also by Ocean it features another strong line-up of games:

[align=center:18nrnil9][/align:18nrnil9]

Karnov - From what I remember this was very hard but some really nice graphics.
Gryzor - Better known to many people as Contra, this was a solid conversion of the arcade game.
Barbarian - Very violent one on one fighter that was also pretty hard too, a lot of fun though.
Crazy Cars - This game seems to get a lot of stick these days but I loved it at the time, good racer.
Predator - One of the better movie based games released at the time, Predator followed the film quite well.
Combat School - A conversion of the arcade and perennial joystick breaker, not my cup of tea.
Platoon - Another fairly decent film based affair that originally came with a soundtrack tape!
Target Renegade - Undoubtedly the star of the show, this was the best scrolling beat 'em up on the Spectrum.

TL

I just remembered this one:

Surely has to be one of the best compilations ever?

TrekMD

onthinice

Mega Drive/Genesis

Sega CD

SNES

Xbox 360

O2

TrekMD

Nice set of compilations there, Ice.

Bobinator

Back before I had a Genesis, I was first introduced to Sonic through the PC port of Sonic CD. After that, I got this. It's a PC port that contains Sonic 3, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Sonic & Knuckles. Kind of redundant, to be totally honest, since two of those games are just two halves of another game, which really stretches the definition of the term 'collection'. Still, it was a great port, and almost entirely accurate to the Genesis/MD versions, aside from the MIDI music, There's even some new tracks. Why they're there, nobody is really entirely sure.

Sonic 3 PC Icecap Zone Act 1 (FM)

guest5130

Taito Legends 2 is one of my favourites. Having the likes of Puchi Carat, Darius Gaiden, Cameltry, Puzzle Bobble 2, Cleopatra Fortune, Elevator Action Returns + others all on one disc is just brilliant.

Sega Mega Drive Collection (PS2) and Metal Slug Anthology are two others that I really like.

TrekMD

A compilation we have not listed.  This time it is for the Nintendo DS and it is Intellivision Lives! 

[align=center:1m811h7e][/align:1m811h7e]

TL

I have that! Excellent compilation!  :16:

Shadowrunner

I just bought this yesterday and I can't wait to try it out!

1941: Counter Attack      
Avengers      
Black Tiger      
Block Block      
Captain Commando      
Eco Fighters      
The King of Dragons      
Knights of the Round      
Last Duel         
Magic Sword         
Mega Twins      
Quiz & Dragons: Capcom Quiz Game      
Side Arms Hyper Dyne      
Street Fighter         
Strider      
Super Street Fighter II Turbo      
The Speed Rumbler
Three Wonders   
Tiger Road      
Varth: Operation Thunderstorm

TrekMD

AmigaJay

Quote from: "Bobinator"

Back before I had a Genesis, I was first introduced to Sonic through the PC port of Sonic CD. After that, I got this. It's a PC port that contains Sonic 3, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Sonic & Knuckles. Kind of redundant, to be totally honest, since two of those games are just two halves of another game, which really stretches the definition of the term 'collection'. Still, it was a great port, and almost entirely accurate to the Genesis/MD versions, aside from the MIDI music, There's even some new tracks. Why they're there, nobody is really entirely sure.

Sonic 3 PC Icecap Zone Act 1 (FM)
I'm glad to see this game is compatible with the year 2000!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018