Let's Compare Donkey Kong!

Started by TrekMD, September 12, 2012, 18:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

There are some efforts going on on AA right now to make a new version of DK for the 2600.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

That is great news! The 2600 version is long overdue.

TL

A video of the new version of Donkey Kong for the 7800 with POKEY sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ3mjoGljIQ&noredirect=1

onthinice

TL

Quote from: "onthinice"Nice! Is this the XM version?

Yes!

Although it is possible to just make a POKEY cart for play on a normal 7800 (like Ballblazer or Commando) as that is the only part of the XM it uses.

onthinice

Wow! That would be cool without the expense of the add-on.

TrekMD

This version looks nothing like that now.  That one just had POKEY added.  This has now evolved and it has the pie factory screen and a ton of animations and changes to make it much closer to the arcade.  :)  Here is a video for your enjoyment. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... bG0Fa0YGU4

onthinice

When this is all done any chance of doing a Donkey Kong review comparison TrekMD? It would be nice to see how all the DK's and remakes compare.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"When this is all done any chance of doing a Donkey Kong review comparison TrekMD? It would be nice to see how all the DK's and remakes compare.

Hmm, something to think about.  :)

onthinice

Thanks! I mean for at least considering the idea.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Thanks! I mean for at least considering the idea.

I don't have a ColecoVision to include that version but I can certainly compare all the Atari versions that I have.

onthinice

I am really curious to see how the Intellivision version stacks up to the Atari ones.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"I am really curious to see how the Intellivision version stacks up to the Atari ones.

It stacks up very well.  :)

onthinice

I know there are reviews out there for everything. I have yet to see updated multi-console reviews. Last ones I knew about were the RTM Many faces of.

TrekMD

This may be better as an article looking at stock vs enhanced versions of the game in different systems.