New Retro Handheld: Evercade

Started by Shadowrunner, July 05, 2019, 20:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

I got emails about this game today.  I think I'm with you there.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

They are certainly knocking some great games out.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Lynx carts have arrived! I know what I'm doing this weekend. :)

TrekMD

Got this on an email.  This is the final announcement for 2020. 

Codemasters Collection 1

We are so excited to be able to announce our last collection of 2020 and its a collection filled with classics from legendary British developer, Codemasters. Featuring 17 games; including Sensible Soccer, Cannon Fodder, Big Nose Freaks Out, and many more.

Evercade can also exclusively reveil that previously unreleased title will also be part of the collection, Tennis All-Stars

Read more details here:  Codemasters Collection 1 Cartridge for Evercade

onthinice

I really need to invest in an Evercade. So many great games on one system. I am a big fan of Cannon Fodder on the 3DO and my Atari Lynx collection is pitiful. Easier to buy the Evercade and get all the games on one handheld. The battery life sounds pretty good. Best part for me is changing cartridges. May seem silly in 2021 but cart changing is a huge part of my past and that simple feature is priceless to me, an old school gamer.

Very cool announcement!

TrekMD

This particular cartridge has tons of games!  Looking forward to it.

Shadowrunner

You would like it Ice. It's a well built system and there's lots of great games for it. Not too expensive either.

onthinice

Thanks Shadowrunner.  It does seem like this has been a thought out game system release with good support for the future.

zapiy

I just ordered one and 11 game sets.. Will feedback my thoughts soon.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

onthinice

It will be great to hear your thoughts, Zapiy.

You have all been a bad influence on me. LOL. I bought one and it just arrived yesterday. Have not had a chance to try it out yet. Hoping soon.

DeadVoivod

I'm starting to get REALLY tempted, seeing all those awesome cartridges getting released. I only have one major problem, if I'm gonna get one, I would need to also get ALL the cartridges, it is just like that, but being in these forums, with a lot of people like me, I guess you understand my problem ;)

TrekMD

At least, these carts don't break the bank.  They cost $20 usually.  Given that most have several games, it is a good deal.

onthinice

So far my experience with the Evercade has been positive. Just wishful thinking but it would be cool if they could somehow release Odyssey 2 or Videopac carts. 

TrekMD

Hmm, I wonder that will ever happen.  The system surely is capable of playing the games but I wonder if there is enough interest for them to pursue Odyssey 2 games.

onthinice

It might be a long shot. Most were just interpretations of games found on other consoles of the time. The K.C. Munchkin titles and the game Turtles were munching maze games but different enough to enjoy playing. Turtles was a Konami game so that might be a stretch to get a release.

The Evercade having Atari games is a win win for everyone. Wonder if Colecovision and Intellivision game cartridges might appear some day?