Games that you really wanted to like but just couldn't!

Started by TL, May 25, 2013, 23:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthinice

Tetris. I have several versions but always choose Columns for the Mega Drive/Genesis. Command & Conquer. I love the WarCraft games but have never wanted to play any of the C&C games.

Vyothric

Alundra
Ecco: The Tides of Time
Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine

Probably loads more that I can't think of right now.

dougtitchmarsh

I'm going to agree with those who said Sonic CD, I loved the Sonic games but on the MCD it just didn't float my boat.

Another platformer I dislike is Cool Spot, I've tried lots of times but just can't enjoy the game and I do love a platform romp.

Any RPG game, I've tried, I just prefer a quick dive into a game for a spot of recreation and can't bring myself to spend hours to achieve something.
My retro and computing blog posts
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, 2600, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, GameGear, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, GBA, GB,  Xbox, 3DO,  WonderSwan,  NGPC, CD32, Amiga A1200, Spectrum 48k and +2, BBC B, C64

Bobinator

I used to like Cool Spot, but these days, I just can't, really. The level design's boring, enemies take entirely too many hits to kill, and there's only ONE version of the game where you can stand in place and shoot. I really don't know what I used to see in that game.

TL

I have already explained that I don't much like platform games but another series I never liked is the James Pond games, from the original game to the platform sequels and even the spin offs like Aquatic Games. They are all crap to me, I can't stand any of them.

onthinice

Watch! Laird will buy the Wii release of James Pond and say it is a masterpiece. :78:

TL

Quote from: "onthinice"Watch! Laird will buy the Wii release of James Pond and say it is a masterpiece. :78:

Please don't tell me there is one  :o

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "onthinice"Watch! Laird will buy the Wii release of James Pond and say it is a masterpiece. :78:

Please don't tell me there is one  ;)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

James Pond may be out for the Wii virtual console.  :21:

dougtitchmarsh

Odds on Laird being the first to find the Wii James Pond game???
My retro and computing blog posts
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, 2600, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, GameGear, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, GBA, GB,  Xbox, 3DO,  WonderSwan,  NGPC, CD32, Amiga A1200, Spectrum 48k and +2, BBC B, C64

TL

Here is another one from me - Toe Jam & Earl 2.

The first game is one of my all time favourite MD games and when I heard about the second game I couldn't wait. But it was a crushing disappointment to me, it plays nothing like the first game and lacks all the appeal of it too.  :112:

Toejam & Earl Panic on Funkotron

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "The Laird"Here is another one from me - Toe Jam & Earl 2.

The first game is one of my all time favourite MD games and when I heard about the second game I couldn't wait. But it was a crushing disappointment to me, it plays nothing like the first game and lacks all the appeal of it too.  :112:

Toejam & Earl Panic on Funkotron

Yeah took me a while to get into it, never replayed either.

Tried the 3rd game Laird? started out on DC, ended up on Xbox.I got right into it for a while, lent it to a mate, not seen it since.

TL