[Bitmap Soft - BS001 & BS002] RVG Blast and RVG Blast 2[Atari 2600].

Started by theloon, July 21, 2014, 19:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poundlander

zapiy asked me to upload the lastest ROMs.  I haven't made any changes.

The first RVG Blast game has separate PAL and NTSC builds.  The second RVG Blast game works on NTSC or PAL60 as is.

Note these are two different games that play differently as I couldn't figure out why Hozer was failing to make the physical cart for the first. 

Please check out my party favors at https://theloon.itch.io/
Downloadable Atari 2600 games such as Upp Plus Plus, Nitebear on Sleepystreet, Stranglehand and more!

TrekMD

I had written a manual for the first version, if I remember correctly.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Thats correct Eugenio. Thats the version I will release free now I have consent to from Jason.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

poundlander

Sorry for the confusion regarding file sizes.  The first RVG Blast game did indeed start at 2k.  Not many Atari 2600 games come that small.  I changed it up just in case the size was a problem.  So, the first game is 4k with a lot of filler.  The second RVG Blast game is 4k to start with.
Please check out my party favors at https://theloon.itch.io/
Downloadable Atari 2600 games such as Upp Plus Plus, Nitebear on Sleepystreet, Stranglehand and more!

zapiy

RVG Blast is essentially 2 games, both are now available as free downloads on bitmapsoft.co.uk.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Saturn

zapiy

Nice one pal, I can only say a huge thanks to Jason, me and GF wanted to at least give these games a moment in history, Jason created them as a favour for us a while ago as we all know, I have often felt guilty I never got them released properly, now at least others can enjoy them, couple that up with the awesome artwork Darren created I now feel a huge weight lifted that two peoples time and effort has not been entirely wasted.

Thank you both and just so you know, its been downloaded nearly 50 times since released.

zapiy

Both games are over 100 downloads each, absolutely amazing and soon to be featured on the Atari Homebrew Youtube channel.

TrekMD

zapiy

TrekMD

Greyfox

That's great news to hear, hopefully may it continue to get into the hands if every one, I think rather that simply have a from dump, I might put together a label and manual pages that Trek MD did an amazing job on, but I don't know which game is different, as I only did one for the rvg that is now label RVG blast 2? The label on the first title RVG Blast was a beta design, but can do these if people would like?

TrekMD

It would be nice to get a proper manual done.  The manual I wrote was for the original game and only a DOC file has been posted.  We should offer something more "complete." 

TrekMD

I figured I'd share this here.  The guys from Zero Page Homebrew will be playing the games today...

We'll be featuring RVG Blast & RVG Blast 2 LIVE on today's (Friday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:

- RVG Blast (2019) by Bitmap Soft aka zapiy
- RVG Blast 2 (2019) by Bitmap Soft aka zapiy
- Kung Fu Combat (2019 WIP) by Edward Smith aka easmith
- 2005 MiniGame MultiCart (2005) by Chris Walton, Fred Quimby, Bob Montgomery, and Zach Matley