Your Top 3 would-love-to-own classic arcade coin-ops

Started by DreamcastRIP, March 05, 2012, 14:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cryptic33

Quote from: "TrekMD"My choices are pretty much the same as Cryptic33's.  The only difference is SW instead of Gauntlet.  ;)
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

guest5124

I had quite a few favorites back in the day, but these are definitely my top 3:
Gorf
Tron
Robotron

TrekMD

Tron is a game that never got a proper port to a home system.  It would have required a special controller but it would have been cool to see it adapted.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Cryptic33

Quote from: "TrekMD"Tron is a game that never got a proper port to a home system.  It would have required a special controller but it would have been cool to see it adapted.
Given the superb GFX capability, Tron on the Jag would be awesome ;)
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

TrekMD

Quote from: "Cryptic33"
Quote from: "TrekMD"Tron is a game that never got a proper port to a home system.  It would have required a special controller but it would have been cool to see it adapted.
Oh, we can dream! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Cryptic33

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "Cryptic33"

64bitRuss

If you can't make them out they are:
-Championship Sprint
-Gun Blade NY
-Great 1000 Miles Rally

zapiy

Think I can use this thread to help build the new Arcade page.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

guest5175

I can't really limit myself to just 3. So I have about 55

(shameless plug for my arcade)

http://gamegridarcade.com

I could be happy with Major Havoc, T-Mek and Space Lords. I already own BattleZone which is a favorite, RoadBlasters, Crystal Castles, Asteroids Deluxe, a "multi-pede" with Centipede, Millipede and Missile Command on it. It's hard to resist Atari arcade goodness  :111:

Cryptic33

Nice selection 64bitRuss, I think I remember Championship Sprint though I wasn't any good at it lol

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "arcadehero"I can't really limit myself to just 3. So I have about 55

I could be happy with Major Havoc, T-Mek and Space Lords. I already own BattleZone which is a favorite, RoadBlasters, Crystal Castles, Asteroids Deluxe, a "multi-pede" with Centipede, Millipede and Missile Command on it. It's hard to resist Atari arcade goodness  :113:

guest5180

Top 3 is never enough for any of these list but in for a penny,, i would go for.. in no real order as i would want all three.

Mooncresta

Championship sprint

Galaga

guest5175

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"
Quote from: "arcadehero"I can't really limit myself to just 3. So I have about 55

I could be happy with Major Havoc, T-Mek and Space Lords. I already own BattleZone which is a favorite, RoadBlasters, Crystal Castles, Asteroids Deluxe, a "multi-pede" with Centipede, Millipede and Missile Command on it. It's hard to resist Atari arcade goodness  :113:

Thanks! It was a dream of mine ever since I first came across an arcade as a kid in the late 80s and soon afterwards seeing TRON. I wanted to be like Kevin Flynn. I'm almost there - while I don't plan on living in an apartment above my arcade, I would certainly like to get into some arcade game development one day as well ;)