Atari Archive

Started by TrekMD, March 08, 2020, 04:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

HDN

@TrekMD I love Atari Archive! It's one of the few YouTube channels that I actually have post notifications for.

This is pretty funny, actually. I think we discovered it on the same day! March 8th sounds about right. I think that's within a day or two (I'm pretty sure it's the day of).

TrekMD

We both struck gold about the same time.  That's cool.  :)

TrekMD

Here is the latest episode, on a game that I love and that I did not know was an arcade game originally until very recently. 

davyk

I remember seeing this game in a cabinet. There were quite a few different versions of it with different names.

The lady who developed this also did Warlords?  She had a pretty good hit rate! Two excellent games.

TrekMD

Yes, she made two really good games!  I finally saw a real arcade machine of the original game at the local arcade last year. 

TrekMD

TrekMD

onthinice

I was never very good but enjoyed playing the game.

TrekMD

onthinice

This is classic. I remember Bridge being a big card game so it only seemed natural for Activision to release a cart version. I still do not understand the game but at least the option to play is available.  :D

TrekMD

I have very little clue with most card games, so I never really got any card games for my 2600.

TrekMD

TrekMD

davyk

Othello was one of the first board games that computers were able to play perfectly. The number of available moves is small and decreases with every turn. A computer with a modest amount of memory could perform an exhaustive search of all possible outcomes from every available move.  Perhaps the old 2600 version didn't do that but it would have been able to put up a very credible game.