Latest Retro Purchases (Games or Hardware)

Started by zapiy, October 21, 2011, 08:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "Misfit"I bought this beauty..

I have no idea what that is, but it's in great condition! What exactly did you get there?

WiggyDiggyPoo

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I have no idea what that is, but it's in great condition! What exactly did you get there?

Ive found out but I wont spoil Misfits guessing game  :113:

Misfit

Quote from: "WiggyDiggyPoo"
Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I have no idea what that is, but it's in great condition! What exactly did you get there?

Ive found out but I wont spoil Misfits guessing game  :)
VTech Laser200 (Salora Fellow in Finland) (Texet TX8000 in the United Kingdom) from 1983. "The Laser 200 was designed and built by Video Technology (VTech) in Hong Kong and derived from the Tandy TRS-80. Based on a Zilog Z80A CPU"

I got a machine, no power supply or cables. But it provides spectrum style cassette port so I could load tape files from PC.

WiggyDiggyPoo

Quote from: "Misfit":)
VTech Laser200 (Salora Fellow in Finland) (Texet TX8000 in the United Kingdom) from 1983. "The Laser 200 was designed and built by Video Technology (VTech) in Hong Kong and derived from the Tandy TRS-80. Based on a Zilog Z80A CPU"

I got a machine, no power supply or cables. But it provides spectrum style cassette port so I could load tape files from PC.

More info here if you need it: http://www.old-computers.com/museum/com ... st=1&c=155

Its a basic machine but so typical of the 80's euro 8 bit computers that were once so prevalent.

TrekMD

Here is the haul for this week...

[align=center:jhq0v1pk]

[/align:jhq0v1pk]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Gunlord is awesome :)

WiggyDiggyPoo

Not sure on Project Eden but it was Buy1 Get 1 Half Price so needed a title (-;

Midnight Club is a race series I'm a big fan of, I have all the console versions now.

Mace Griffin is definitely a hidden gem, and Secret Weapons was one of the best MP titles on the system especially online.

TrekMD

Fewer things this week but here is what I got.  To my surprise Rush Rush Rally for the Dreamcast arrived this week!  Read some good stuff about Mickey Mania at Retro Gaming Mag's site so I got it.  They commented on the cart version but I read the Sega CD version had extra stuff, so I got that one instead.  :)

[align=center:12cbfc5m]

[/align:12cbfc5m]

obriethe1st

Just bought the sega megadrive ultimate collection for xbox 360 and Thunderforce gold pack 1 on saturn,at some point in the future i will get a decent camera and start posting pics.I also need to get a few pics of the collection taken at some point to post in the collections forum.

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "obriethe1st"Just bought the sega megadrive ultimate collection for xbox 360 and Thunderforce gold pack 1 on saturn,at some point in the future i will get a decent camera and start posting pics.I also need to get a few pics of the collection taken at some point to post in the collections forum.

The Sega ultimate collection is awesome! So many classics, and in HD with trophies/achievements :113:

obriethe1st

I totally agree Shadow mate it is indeed a good collection,lots of classics and the unlockables are a lovely touch..just a shame ive just bought Fantasy Zone for the saturn and the bloody arcade version is an unlockable.Never mind you can never have to much Fantasy Zone 8) and im looking forward to getting into the phantasy star and shining series.

Misfit

I bought this lovely piece of hardware today.. But where I could buy a SD-card interface/module?

TrekMD

Here's the stuff I got over the past 2 weeks or so.  Some of these I got at the 8-Bit Hall of Fame store in Bonita Springs, FL...including the GameCube which became an unexpected gift. 

[align=center:1p62w5iy]

[/align:1p62w5iy]

WiggyDiggyPoo

Quantum Redshift is ace, hope you don't get motion sickness!