ScouseMouse - Retro Gamer

Started by ScouseMouse, August 06, 2017, 18:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Quote from: ScouseMouse on September 28, 2017, 20:24:30 PM

Lol yeah, two people have pointed that out to me, and you're now the third. Shows how much of a noob I am, I literally just forgot they even existed. Can you use them pretty liberally then, and you'll get more quite easily?

You're also gonna see me struggle through episode 3 too because I recorded it at the same time as 2. It makes a lot more sense now why it felt insanely hard. I kill my 2nd boss in the next episode as well and it felt really unfair that I had to battle through tons of baddies AND then face a boss straight after it without a bonfire or any way to top up my energy. It does mean I spent an hour mastering how to get through that section without losing energy lol.

That's actually really impressive that you made it past the second boss without using Estus! Every time you rest at a bonfire the number of uses gets restored. You start with 5 but you can double it right away. Use a Humanity and then rest at a bonfire and become human again. Use another Humanity and then kindle the bonfire to get another 5 flasks.

ScouseMouse

That's actually really impressive that you made it past the second boss without using Estus! Every time you rest at a bonfire the number of uses gets restored. You start with 5 but you can double it right away. Use a Humanity and then rest at a bonfire and become human again. Use another Humanity and then kindle the bonfire to get another 5 flasks.
[/quote]

I did have to use 1 Divine Blessing (the useless gift I picked) which is basically a healing potion but yeah not knowing about the Estus Flasks definitely forced me to get through most of that area flawlessly so I had as much energy as possible for the boss... only took about 50+ tries lol.

Does the game teach you about all this stuff? I've got those humanity things but I didn't know about turning human, is that permanent? Are there any advantages (apart from 5 extra flasks)? Are there any downsides/would I ever wanna not be human?

Sorry for all the questions but seems like there's SO much to learn and the game aint taught me it yet

Shadowrunner

I don't mind the questions. There was another guy on this forum when I first played the game and he really helped me understand how things worked. I would have been lost without him.

They really don't tell you anything about the game other than the controls. Everything else you have to figure out yourself. Reading the descriptions of items really helps figure out what they do.

When you die you lose all consumed humanity (the ones showing in the top left corner) along with your souls. If you get back to your blood stain before dying again then you get it back, but you will be back in hollow form. There are certain benefits to being human and having a lot of humanity but I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point. Every new bonfire you come across has to be kindled so that it will give you 10 estus instead of 5. You have to be in human form to kindle so if you are hollow it takes 2 humanity per bonfire. So if you consume all the humanity you have and then die twice and lose it all, you won't have any left to kindle. Always a good idea to leave some in your inventory.

ScouseMouse

Thanks for all the info, I'm sure it'll all make more sense as I progress and test these things out for myself.

ScouseMouse

Tell ya what, no one can say Sonic Mania isn't good value for money! Each time I complete a level I think it must be the last cos there was only 7 slots for chaos emeralds but they just keep on coming!

Tonight we're in Oil Ocean facing the hardest boss of the game so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqJ8jczFqQI

ScouseMouse

I saw a meme the other day... "if you think Dark Souls is hard, you aint played The Lion King"

I dunno about that but here's how it's done! Possibly the best Disney film ever and definitely one of the SNES classics... The Lion King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7M-TtVe_3Y

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

ScouseMouse

Quote from: TrekMD on September 30, 2017, 22:27:04 PM
Hakuna matata!

I was thinking of using that as the name for episode 2!

Time for some more Little Big Adventure fun tonight. We start out on a treasure hunt and somehow end up back in prison!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM4lcFpFOLk

TrekMD

Well, it would certainly be appropriate!  :)

ScouseMouse

Oh dear... I may have accidentally killed Toriel...

I thought we were just gonna have a little spar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1c4fFh9Jhg

ScouseMouse

Thankfully this is the last video I recorded before I found out what an Estus Flask is (!!) so I reckon I'll do a hell of a lot better in future episodes.

First time ever I've got genuinely angry on video. WARNING, there may be some swearing...

Slayed that Taurus Demon tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqBcKBFb2pA

Shadowrunner

Loved the part where you rolled off the bridge during the boss fight lol! I'm sure everyone who has played the game has done that at some point though, and if you stand in the right spot you can even get the boss to fall off the ledge killing him instantly. There's also a ladder right beside the door when you go through the fog gate that takes you up to where the two guys with the crossbows are. Taking them out before the boss appears make it a bit easier. Looking forward to the next part. :)

ScouseMouse

Quote from: Shadowrunner on October 04, 2017, 15:29:05 PM
Loved the part where you rolled off the bridge during the boss fight lol! I'm sure everyone who has played the game has done that at some point though, and if you stand in the right spot you can even get the boss to fall off the ledge killing him instantly. There's also a ladder right beside the door when you go through the fog gate that takes you up to where the two guys with the crossbows are. Taking them out before the boss appears make it a bit easier. Looking forward to the next part. :)

Yeah a lot of people seemed to enjoy that bit... me not so much lol, not at the time anyway. Glad you enjoyed it, they should start coming quicker soon. I've nearly finished Sonic Mania and The Lion King and I won't be adding new games in to replace them for a little while, just so I can focus on getting more episodes out of the other games (Dark Souls, Undertale and Little Big Adventure), plus I've got a Halloween thing I'm trying to record too!

=============================

HAKUNA MATATA!!

Episode 2 of The Lion King is here including the tough stampede level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK0aJ7mDUm8

TrekMD

It means no worries, for the rest of your days....  Another nice video!

ScouseMouse

Cheers TrekMD, I just finished uploading the final episode of the Lion King (I always try to keep ahead of myself) and that'll get published on Monday. It's a bit longer than I thought/than the other episodes cos I couldn't quite remember how long the game was so wasn't sure how to split it up, I probably should have done 1 extra level in episode 2 but oh well.

=============================

It's a really fun, short episode tonight that involves using a jet-pack to pull off a great museum robbery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB9cgCfPVSo