The Atari 8-bit thread

Started by Havantgottaclue, February 20, 2012, 22:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

Check out some of the amazing Atari 8-bit art in this thread on AA!

Simply stunning!

zapiy

That really is pretty amazing.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

TrekMD

Cool, this reminds me of Incoming! for the 2600.  That game is itself inspired by Artillery Duel.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "The Laird"One of the few 128k only games for the XL/XE:

T34 The Battle [Atari XL/XE]

Nice.Looks like an Artillery Duel clone, never heard of it before and always wondered what games made use of the 128K A8 hardware.

TL

This is very impressive but needs at least 320k of RAM to run  :13:

NUMEN by TQA - Atari XL/XE Demo - 320k -

TrekMD

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Gorf

Quote from: "The Laird"This is very impressive but needs at least 320k of RAM to run  :10:

TL

Gorf

I for one am far from being impressed by most of the demos...there are some that are rather interesting but I think
the texture mapped cube has long worn out it's welcome and is hardly a programming feat, even for the old 8 Bit's
anymore. Yeah when you first saw it, that was kinda neat but why every demo team/guy thought much of it was
way beyond the scope of my understanding.

TL

My new XEGS has given me a lot of fun so far, this game is already a real favourite of mine:

Atari 800 - Necromancer gameplay Bill Williams 8-bit games

TrekMD

This looks like one cool game.  I'll have to see if it is available on another format...one that I have! 

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"This looks like one cool game.  I'll have to see if it is available on another format...one that I have!

It only came out for the Atari 8-bit and Commodore 64, of which the Atari version is reputedly better.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"This looks like one cool game.  I'll have to see if it is available on another format...one that I have!

It only came out for the Atari 8-bit and Commodore 64, of which the Atari version is reputedly better.

Does the game need a keyboard during gameplay?  Or would this be amenable to conversion for the 5200?