Day of the Tentacle - Amiga Adventuring CD32 release!

Started by IndieRetroNews, January 10, 2016, 23:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndieRetroNews

QuoteOriginally released by LucasArts in 1993 as a sequel to Ron Gilbert's ground breaking Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle is a mind-bending, time travel, cartoon puzzle adventure game in which three unlikely friends work together to prevent an evil mutated purple tentacle from taking over the world. It was just a shame that this amazing adventure with world renown was never officially ported over to the Amiga, unless of course you downloaded the unofficial Amiga AGA version of DOTT which is linked (here). But this news release isn't about the PC version or the Amiga AGA version, but a very early work in progress Amiga CD32 release, that thanks to our good friend Earok has been released as an Alpha.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2016/01/d ... -cd32.html

The first alpha is available to download :113:

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

MadCommodore

I never got to play this game at the time as I was an Amiga person right up to the bitter end lol. My friend absolutely loved this game though and I did see him playing it, the quality was really nice.

Probably would have got this at the time if it was released for the CD32 (which had the largest market share of CD software sales even over PC-CD during the days of the original Commodore era in the UK but unreleased in the USA)