Did you ever buy a machine to play just one game?

Started by TL, October 08, 2013, 20:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Quote from: "Sokurah"
Quote from: "FinMK"You should get a Vectrex, they would be right up your street. :D (although, all I have for it are three games in pretty tatty boxes  :- )

At the very least you should get a multicart!  It's a great way to play many games on the system! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

sloan

Only system I can think of that I got for a single game would be Gamecube. Picked it up to play Luigi's Mansion. Never regretted it.

SnakeEyes

Nearly every single one of my console purchase has been because of a desire to play one game.

I never buy a console until there is a game I just have to have. TBF nearly every console launched with a must have game for me.

Anyway

TMNT - NES

Golden Axe - Megadrive

Super marioworld - Snes

Ridge Racer - PS1

Mario 64 - N64

Sega Rally 2 - Dreamcast

Rogue Squadron - Gamecube

Halo - Xbox

all those games made me rush out to get the console straight away - most of the other consoles that have been released I have just picked up later down the line.

guest5158

Yep,an N64 for Goldeneye and a Megadrive to play Sonic 1, 2 and 3

Ben

Not one game so much, but for Squaresoft, I did.  I was always a Sega guy, but finally picked up a SNES for FFVI, and I bought a PSX solely in anticipation of FFVII (and didn't bother with an N64 since Squaresoft dumped them).  That ended with the PSX, though, by FFIX I felt like they had lost their luster a bit, and when Hironobu Sakaguchi left I was pretty well done with Square.

Bobinator

I bought a 3DO once so I could play Way of the Warrior.

...It was $40 USD on eBay, OK?

...It came with a lot of other games, OK?

...The guide I found made it sound REALLY good, OK?

...I didn't know the guide was written in 1994, OK?

TL

Funny enough I just got an Xbox 360 purely to play Grand Theft Auto V

guest5124

I actually bought an FM Towns Marty just to play Splatterhouse, which I think is the best version of any system. Also bought the X68000 just for Castlevania. They were expensive one game systems.

WiggyDiggyPoo

Several times over....

PSOne - GTA
N64 - Goldeneye
PS2 - GT3
Gamecube - Sonic Adventure
Xbox - Halo
X360 - Test Drive Unlimited

guest5204

I don't think I ever bought a console just for one game. Although I've always wanted to get a 3DO for Super Wing Commander (and some other games like Killing Time and Wolfenstein). I was a huge Wing Commander fan back when the 3DO came out and the remade graphics blew my mind back then. I've also had an interest in an FM Towns Marty for Splatterhouse and Tatsujin 2. So far I haven't been able to justify the investment especially for the super expensive FM Towns Marty.

HomerRamone2084

I bought a Lynx just to play Robotron. Then I replaced it - bought a Robotron just to play Robotron :D

bogstandard

I'm just dumb about this.  It's not right to buy a console for just one game.. I do it all the time it seems!

Neo Geo: Magician Lord
5200: Adventure II
3DO: Slayer
XBOX: Morrowind

I'm not counting the systems I went on to actually play other games.  These systems continue to only get played for the original game I bought it for.  Shameful, really.

TrekMD

Well, at least you are enjoying the game you did get for them!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

guest5234

Well... I bought a Jaguar mainly to play Tempest 2000. But I hope to enjoy some other games and homebrew.

TL

Quote from: "ravard"Well... I bought a Jaguar mainly to play Tempest 2000. But I hope to enjoy some other games and homebrew.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised, there is a lot more to the Jaguar than just Tempest 2000.