Adverts, Sales Pages.

Started by zapiy, June 19, 2013, 20:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Here at RVG we offer many ways for you a STORE or SHOP owner to advertise on our site. Most of them are free, see here http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2 for adding your details to our Store Directory..

If however you want more exposure please see below...

To get your advert or sales page all you need to do is send out one monthly prize to one of our members/Facebook members by means of a competition which we will run.

Whilst the competition is taking place you will also have placement on the homepage of the website as well as the facebook page; getting your brand out there to a new audience of possible customers.

For more info please email mailto:support@retrovideogamer.co.uk">support@retrovideogamer.co.uk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Cryptic33

Quote from: "zapiy"Bump
Thanks for the I will be looking into this in about 3 week's time.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Greyfox

Quote from: "Cryptic33"

Have you something in the works Cryptic?

zapiy

Nice one but i dont remember bumping it lol..

Cryptic33

I have a couple of Jaguar games that zapiy has expressed an interest in. So, we can discuss this via pm I guess, but I have never sold anything via online auctions let alone through a forum, so I don't know the procedure. I am in Holland for another 3 weeks so I just pop in here when I can.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Cryptic33

Quote from: "Greyfox"
Quote from: "Cryptic33"

Have you something in the works Cryptic?
Ahh, I see upon re-reading this thread and the associated link that this is more for commercial enterprises. I had mentioned I have a couple of duplicate Jaguar games (technically, I have a bit of 8-bit stuff also) and Zappiy has expressed an interest in these so I will pm you and see where we go from there.

For bits and pieces, what would you all recommend as the best way to sell. I am very unimpressed with eBay btw.

Greyfox

I suggest taking professional photographs of the items , not a crappy mobile phone ones, grab a few company logos d stick them in the corner of the images if possible and list them on relent sites, and Facebook or I don't know if you have these over we're you live, there is these busy, sell and swap Facebook pages were you can freely post, so check to see if there is a FB page for your area.

But e only problem wi these is that allot of site want someone who is known and trusted and a long time poster on these other forums, a good rep in other words, other than that, a car boot sale or market, rather than listing it on eBay, they take some much of the profits for their service.

Hope that helps if you already didn't know :)

Cryptic33

Quote from: "Greyfox"I suggest taking professional photographs of the items , not a crappy mobile phone ones, grab a few company logos d stick them in the corner of the images if possible and list them on relent sites, and Facebook or I don't know if you have these over we're you live, there is these busy, sell and swap Facebook pages were you can freely post, so check to see if there is a FB page for your area.

But e only problem wi these is that allot of site want someone who is known and trusted and a long time poster on these other forums, a good rep in other words, other than that, a car boot sale or market, rather than listing it on eBay, they take some much of the profits for their service.

Hope that helps if you already didn't know :)
Thanks, we have Gumtree over here in the UK but I wasn't going to go to any trouble/the lengths you suggest. No disrespect, I fully understand why you gave the advice you did. I was wondering how much traust I can place in you guys before I become a gullible old fool.

What I am trying to say, is a number of people on here know each other in real life and though arms length transactions are dangerous, I simply want to help fellow enthusiasts and relieve myself of a few surplus titles for a fair price without the hassle of using a website, so to speak.

I am a big believer in humanity and have never found a forum as fun, helpful and, at the same time, as serious as this one is and wondered if any system existed for simple straight forward transactions.

I will hang on to what I have and will hopefully, bump into one or two of you at a retro event some time and take it from there. Again, thank you very much for the advice Darren.

Greyfox

no problem fella, I live in Ireland, so unless I win the lotto, I won't be at any gaming events anytime soon ;)

zapiy

I think you just need to trust people. For example GF is known across the scene as is Trek and Laird for example. If you sold them something and the deal went south there rep would be worthless and no one would touch them again so on that basis I would 100% trust them. To be honest pal it's all down to your personal feelings in forum sales. I am happy to trade here but not on others I frequent.

Cryptic33

Quote from: "zapiy"I think you just need to trust people. For example GF is known across the scene as is Trek and Laird for example. If you sold them something and the deal went south there rep would be worthless and no one would touch them again so on that basis I would 100% trust them. To be honest pal it's all down to your personal feelings in forum sales. I am happy to trade here but not on others I frequent.
You sum it up nicely. It is difficult to say it is about trust without offending people and there are indeed many stories of bad transactions on other forums. Well, I trust you guys so there is no problem there. I will pm you zapiy and see what we can agree from there.

Thanks Greyfox, I noticed you were just over the water. I actually bought (rare occurrence) a lotto ticket yesterday so if my numbers come up I'll fly you over for a grand party RVG style :113: