The Sony PSP Thread

Started by Rogue Trooper, September 21, 2013, 20:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"Cale did mention there were technical limits (something about how much data could be transfered at any given time and at what speeds), but i seem to recal a PSP magazine quite regularly showed you how to play one of the PSP Wipeout games on 2 machines with just 1 copy of the game.

Know likes of Pure were quite happy to guide you through running homebrew/CFW on PSP and how to play any PSP game online using internet tunneling, which might explain why it was'nt long in production, going from PSP specific to PSP+PS3 then dissapearing.

Interesting!

Ahhh.those were the days of videogames magazines, hell even  some Dreamcast Magazines were showing you how to chip your machine, run Imports, hell one even gave away a demo.version of the CD-X disc that you could use to bypass the DC security check.

Great days.....sadly missed, sniff....

onthinice

Activision Hits has game sharing on the back of the case. Does that mean it could be played with one UMD?

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "onthinice"Activision Hits has game sharing on the back of the case. Does that mean it could be played with one UMD?

Apparently so.It seems a quick load to the 2nd PSP is all that's needed yo send every 2600 game to the 2nd PSP, with the 1st PSP always maintaining the role of 'host' so in terms of the single player games, all player on 2nd PSP would be able to do is view action, but in terms of the 2-Player games, 2nd PSP is considered 'Joystick 2' and as long as you remain connected by wi-fi, the 2600 2-Player games are said to be superb.

onthinice

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"
Quote from: "onthinice"Activision Hits has game sharing on the back of the case. Does that mean it could be played with one UMD?

Apparently so.It seems a quick load to the 2nd PSP is all that's needed yo send every 2600 game to the 2nd PSP, with the 1st PSP always maintaining the role of 'host' so in terms of the single player games, all player on 2nd PSP would be able to do is view action, but in terms of the 2-Player games, 2nd PSP is considered 'Joystick 2' and as long as you remain connected by wi-fi, the 2600 2-Player games are said to be superb.
Nice! Thanks for the heads up, RT! Might be nice to try someday 8)

onthinice

Nice list, with some decent games. 12 players racing would be cool to see and try.

TrekMD

Found this video looking at the "top 50" Sony PSP games...

[align=center:1yx9y3my]TOP 50 PSP PlayStation Portable Games OF ALL TIME[/align:1yx9y3my]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

Metal Jesus has posted two videos looking at game gems for the Sony PSP.  So, what do folks think of his selection?

[align=center:82opk3ub]PSP Collecting - Hidden Gems

PSP Collecting - Hidden Gems 2[/align:82opk3ub]

zapiy

Crush looks a great little puzzle game, will be looking out for that..

Sid Meier's Pirates is a great game, i did get bored after a while but its a great port of the game.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

HomerRamone2084

I think you can run MAME on PSP. I fancy giving it a blast with mine since it never gets used. (And I have a vita now so that aint likely to change anytime soon :S )

Greyfox

Mame is incredible tricky to get working on the PSP, I have near all the rest of them running on mine, but decided against MAME because of it's super touchy nature, MAME version are bang out of date to other emu, also the rom sets have to be exact for the release your using, and it can't run any real games you'd like to play, the likes of Out-Run ran terribly on it, so don't expect much if and when you get it going on your PSP.

I whole hearty recommend Mame on Android, far superior in every way. and it work 8/10 games also.

emu I have runing flawlessly on my PSP are

Sega Game Gear / Master System
NES
SNES
Megadrive / Mega CD
PC ENGINE
Atari ST
Atari 8-bit
Atari Lynx
c64
Capcom CP1 / CP2 all working
Gameboy Advance
PSUAE Amiga (a500 only working alot of games)

TrekMD

Quote from: "HomerRamone2084"I think you can run MAME on PSP. I fancy giving it a blast with mine since it never gets used. (And I have a vita now so that aint likely to change anytime soon :S )

I've never tried MAME on the PSP.  I need to find me some homebrews for the PSP also and try them out. 

TL

Quote from: "Greyfox"emu I have runing flawlessly on my PSP are

Atari Lynx

You definitely don't have this running flawlessly! I have tried PLynx and it's far from perfect.

It runs much slower than a real machine and the sound is really off.

Greyfox

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "Greyfox"emu I have runing flawlessly on my PSP are

Atari Lynx

You definitely don't have this running flawlessly! I have tried PLynx and it's far from perfect.

It runs much slower than a real machine and the sound is really off.

I don't this PLynx you are talking off?, I use a excellent port of  "Handy" on it, sound is only affeced by cpu pressure, but can be adjusted on the emulators cpu timing feature.

TL

PLynx is what the PSP port of Handy is called.

Sound can not be adjusted, Handy just doesn't emulate the Mikey chip properly. It's just as as bad on a PC.

It's a shame that Handy was never developed further as I am sure these issues could be sorted out eventually.