Billy Mitchell Banned from Twin Galaxies

Started by Shadowrunner, April 12, 2018, 17:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

I'd seen this video this morning and broke my shite laughing at the PR collateral damage control Bill Bitchell sang..with absolutely nothing in this video in any manner to his opinions on the judgements of the decisions of both Twin Galaxies and especially Guinness book of records which is more important that twin galaxies with his hiscore table for officious reasons (They are bigger than Twin Galaxies", Bill Bitchell always plays the cool hand "Nothing can touch me" approach in the hope people will be suckered into believing him, the bottom line and undeniable proof is this Mullet fruit loop cheated and used Mame along with piss poor video editing to splice together Mame save states while exporting videos through the emulator to claim his own hiscores. The real first person to actually achieve the high score on a real Donkey Kong arcade board was Steve Weibe and not this bellend! Wish the fuck, he'd fuck off and sell his hot sauce and realise you're been caught never to escape the branding of a cheating twat!

TrekMD

I doubt he is going to just give up, GF.  I'm sure this is what he will be talking about at conventions moving forward. 

TrekMD

It seems this saga continues. This is a video from Southern-Fried Gaming Expo where Billy went and spoke for about an hour...

TrekMD

I just learned that Billy has proven that he can reach (and beat) his record scores with people watching live.  Apparently this video from Twitch has to do with it:

Shadowrunner

This just keeps going.

First Billy Mitchell decided to sue Twin Galaxies claiming that his name has been defamed. That case is supposed to go ahead this summer.

Now someone has started up a Go Fund Me to sue Billy Mitchell!

You can't even make this stuff up. . .

TrekMD

I had heard of Billy suing but not that someone had setup a GoFundMe to sue him!  I think Billy may end up having to play the game in court to show his skill.  That will be a long session!

Shadowrunner

Even if they do get an arcade unit in court and he gets that score again I don't see how that changes anything. He was banned for using an emulator and they have video evidence to prove it. Sure he probably didn't do that with all of his records and he might be able to get some of them back if he can prove he can do it, but as far as his name being defamed, he did that to himself by cheating. I'm no lawyer though so I could be completely wrong lol.

TrekMD

It would prove he can get the score.  Everyone keeps attacking this guy because he cheated to get the score.  If he proves he can get the score, then did he cheat to get it or does he actually have the skill to achieve it?  I'd think that may be the angle his attorney would take on this but I'm also not an attorney.  ;)

PatmanQC

In my opinion if Billy Mitchell did not come across as such an arrogant jerk then maybe people wouldn't try to tear him down.

TrekMD

Quote from: PatmanQC on May 14, 2020, 02:18:53 AM
In my opinion if Billy Mitchell did not come across as such an arrogant jerk then maybe people wouldn't try to tear him down.

I've met Billy at cons.  He's very nice.  I think the movie makes people think he is a jerk in real life. 

PatmanQC

Quote from: TrekMD on May 14, 2020, 02:52:58 AM
Quote from: PatmanQC on May 14, 2020, 02:18:53 AM

I've met Billy at cons.  He's very nice.  I think the movie makes people think he is a jerk in real life.

Were you buying hot sauce when he was being nice to You?  :-)