Atari Mini Pong

Started by TrekMD, December 02, 2020, 02:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Not sure if anyone has seen this but there is a new Mini Pong available to preorder from Arcade1Up.  This looks really cool until you see the price tag for it.  It's a pass for me.  Feel free to read more about it here:  Atari Mini PONG Jr. by UNIS

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

It does look really cool but for that size it is expensive. I think all of their products are over priced so I'm not surprised.

zapiy

Way out of my price range but looks super cool.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

davyk

Looks very nice but it's far too expensive for what it is. I'd like to see a good developer do something with Pong though. Add a bit to the gameplay to introduce some variety - not much - just a couple of small tweaks to introduce some tactical thought.

Video Olympics on 2600 had some interesting variations including a volleyball mode having a side on view - with the paddles on the floor of the court and you lobbing the ball over the net.  If they took the classic Pong game and changed the setup every 3 points say - adding in something new or changing the gameplay to something like volleyball mode for example, it could make for an interesting game. And could introduce a new generation to paddle control. :)