The GBA thread

Started by Rogue Trooper, September 24, 2013, 12:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

OK, so we had the hidden gems from Metal Jesus.  How about the top 10 titles for the GBA?  Let's have a look...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

The guys from GameSack have a look at the GameBoy Advance.  Nice video to check out...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

davyk

Bought a clutch of GBA games this week. I have an SP but I don't use it that much. I've used the GBA Player in Gamecube more often. The SP is a nice handheld but it's frontlit so while it's usable it isn't as good as a backlit. The SP backlit revision is very hard to find.

I'm not a massive fan of handheld gaming anyhow. I only got the SP to play Pacman Vs in the first place.

The stars of the batch of games I picked up are Kuru Kuru Kururin and Kururin Paradise. These are delightfully weird and Japanese but are super tough. I have the GC version of this game which is JP only but the GBA games are far tougher. Anyone play these? You navigate a rotating stick through 2D mazes and it is extremely tricky.

Next is Pinball of the Dead which looks to be an absolute gem of a game. Has 3 tables and a great soundtrack and the pinball genre has been really well implemented on this relatively limited platform.

Also got Game & Watch Gallery which is a clutch of the old school LCD handhelds with features I like such as highscore tracking etc. You can play a recreation of the LCD display or with enhanced graphics. Looking forward to diving deep into this to see all the fan service.

Finally - also got Columns Crown which is tailor made for handheld gaming. A very nice implementation of this old puzzler with a selection of pleasing modes and a campaign mode.

I already have a Castlevania game and Mario Kart. Getting these has prompted me to get into those games too.

onthinice

Never played any of the games you mentioned but all seem interesting.

zapiy

Pinball of the Dead is a fab game, one of the best on the GBA for me.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC