Best platformers?

Started by Bobinator, October 14, 2012, 03:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Wonder if I can get it to work on my AtGames Sega Genesis with the multi-cart adaptor. Worth trying it out.

Just be sure to get the translated version of the original.  The version that was exported has too many elements removed.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

TrekMD

zapiy

Great selection in that video, a fair few i have never seen let alone played.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

That is an older video of theirs but it was good and I figured not everyone would know all the games.  :)

zapiy

Totally.. need to hunt for some of them.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Tachi

Really grew to dislike platformers after the newer consoles appeared and the only ones I can truly say I loved were on C64 (Turrican, Myth, Cyberdyne Warrior and Creatures) and Master System (Rastan and Wonder Boy).
These new fangled contraptions and their fancy graphics..PAH.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far."
? H.P. Lovecraft

guest5473

The Sonic the Hedgehog and Shinobi series.

Console Compulsive

Seeing as I can't make my mind up on one individual I'm going to go with a top twenty of my favourite ones.

1) Chuckie Egg - Spectrum
2) Load Runner - Spectrum
3) Solomon's Key - Arcade
4) Psycho Fox - Master System
5) Contra - Arcade
6) Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Megadrive
7) Flink - Mega CD
8) Cobra (Stallone's) - Spectrum
9) Ghosts and Goblins - Arcade
10) Earthworm Jim Special Edition - Mega CD
11) Jet Set Willy - Spectrum
12) Manic Miner - Spectrum
13) Burger Time - Intellivision
14) Frak! - BBC Micro
15) Brian Bloodaxe - C64
16) Rayman - PS1
17) Kangaroo - Atari 2600
18) Bonze Adventure - Arcade
19) Revenge of Shinobi - Megadrive
20) Bubble Bobble - Arcade

As usual there are so many others that I would have liked to add on but I'll save them for another list.

zapiy

Some great choices guys.  :113: