Favourite Game Compilations

Started by zapiy, January 13, 2014, 10:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "AmigaJay"
Quote from: "Bobinator"

Back before I had a Genesis, I was first introduced to Sonic through the PC port of Sonic CD. After that, I got this. It's a PC port that contains Sonic 3, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and Sonic & Knuckles. Kind of redundant, to be totally honest, since two of those games are just two halves of another game, which really stretches the definition of the term 'collection'. Still, it was a great port, and almost entirely accurate to the Genesis/MD versions, aside from the MIDI music, There's even some new tracks. Why they're there, nobody is really entirely sure.

Sonic 3 PC Icecap Zone Act 1 (FM)
I'm glad to see this game is compatible with the year 2000!

:21: Yep, good to know!

nosweargamer

Quote from: "TrekMD"A compilation we have not listed.  This time it is for the Nintendo DS and it is Intellivision Lives! 

[align=center:5envekz2][/align:5envekz2]

Agreed! I was playing this one just last night  :113:

TrekMD

Cool, it definitely is a nice one.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Tachi

Quote from: "Gone"

Wow I remember this set, had it on the C64 and adored it, so many awesome games!

My favourite compilations though were:

This was a compilation of 3 fantastic text adventures by Level 9, namely Lords of Time, Red Moon and Price of Magic all of which were excellent adventures and thoroughly enjoyable.

The absolute best collection I have ever owned though was:

Look at it, Last Ninja 1&3, Myth, Flimbos Quest...once I had this I rarely played anythingelse all year until I had finished those 3 (how the heck did I ever finish Myth!?)

They don't do collections like they used too...hell the Red Faction collection I ordered had no Red Faction :(
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far."
? H.P. Lovecraft

onthinice

I agree about collections remark. Seems like there is always games left out to sell in future collections.

Greyfox

With been a massive Atari 8-bit fan, not many people got to see these for the A8, like the speccy and the C64, but one such great company saw these compilations were a great way to sell software long before Ocean and U.S. Gold started doing them, well by few months at least, yes I'm referring to the English Software company, who loved the under appreciated in Europe 8-bit

You see how they misrepresented and confused people on the boxes? Let's see if any of you cop it :)

TrekMD

onthinice

Quote from: "Greyfox"With been a massive Atari 8-bit fan, not many people got to see these for the A8, like the speccy and the C64, but one such great company saw these compilations were a great way to sell software long before Ocean and U.S. Gold started doing them, well by few months at least, yes I'm referring to the English Software company, who loved the under appreciated in Europe 8-bit

You see how they misrepresented and confused people on the boxes? Let's see if any of you cop it :43: Looking at the titles, I do not recall Atari making any of these.  :21:

deKay

TrekMD

No, but thanks for posting it.  I wonder if that was only available in Europe or if it was available in the US.  I need to check.

Edit:  Found out it is called Sonic Classics in the US.  It has  Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

TrekMD

This video from Game Sack is quite appropriate for this topic.  Check it out...

[align=center:3iy1amcj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uBFwTkxMT8&feature=em-subs_digest[/align:3iy1amcj]

Greyfox

Yeah watched this last night, but I think they should of covered home computer compilations, even if they didn't own the original versions or tapes or disks etc, they could of done it through emulation and acquired magazine or even box art as the presented them games, a missed opportunity here.

The c64, a8 Atari ST and Amiga had many of these that would of extended the genre. I think I'll have to give them a nudge to make one. And hey nobody rob my idea, I'll be watching this thread and new YouTube from the regulars.

TrekMD

I've never seen them do anything with computers.  Maybe that's why they didn't include those on the video.