Atari Vault on Steam

Started by davyk, August 07, 2020, 13:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davyk

Just bought into this. Got the 50 game DLC too.

Anyone else?

TrekMD

I haven't.  How much is it?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

davyk

£8 for the basic package. Another £4 for the extra 50 games - I think it's $ for £ or pretty close.

The emulation is very well done. Paddle control is hampered as usual - I think it would be worth getting 2600 controller adaptor or a USB spinner (if such a thing exists). For those games that use the trak ball the mouse is a decent stand in for some of them.

The arcade games are the main attraction for me - some oldies there I had never seen before.

The 2600 emulation is solid but then it's probably using a build of Stella so it's kind of a given now. We have seen these ROMs all before though.

There's scanline options for the raster games and the colours look great. There are several different display options for the vector games. It isn't as good as the real thing re vectors but it's a damn good attempt at it. The colour vector games look really nice with some of the display options. Nice collection with quality bevel art etc. But it's for the fans really.

The extra DLC has some 5200 games which I'm interested in checking out and there's some low run 3rd party games for the 2600 in that too.

TrekMD

That's reasonably priced for so many games.

davyk

There's supposed to be online MP which sounds interesting.

TrekMD

Hmm, that would be cool to set up a group gaming sessions with forum members.