Ben Daglish (8-bit / 16-bit musician - United Kingdom) has Passed away

Started by Greyfox, October 04, 2018, 15:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyfox

From Facebook from Ben's Wife

"Dear friends,
This is Sarah, Ben's wife. For those of you who don't already know, I am deeply sorry to pass on the news that Ben died very suddenly on Monday morning. We know that it will come as a shock to you as it has to us. we are all at home feeling loved and supported, and our thoughts are with all of you who knew, loved, got irritated by and were lucky enough to have a little bit of his magic in your lives. I'll post details of what's happening as soon as we have sorted everything out.

If you would like to share any photos or thoughts with us, please send them to bendaglishphotos@gmail.com - we would love to hear from you.

Sarah, Jake, Rhianna and Lottie xxx"

So I wanted to pay homage to the incredible talent that was Ben Daglish myself here, this man's music was some of the most creative, original and system limit pushing pieces. I especially valued the style and execution of his works on the Atari ST machine from which most of his work from the Gremln Graphics stable, games like 3D Galax, F.O.F.T, Northstar and the brilliant Super Cars series of games, this music for the best part made the gaming experience more involving and shine.

So this will be forever etched in my mind of truly outstanding his music was, upon hearing the news, I'm numb with shock and can only fadum how his family is dealing with the loss at the moment. R.I.P Ben, your music was enlightening as was your presence insure with the people lucky to have had the privilege of meeting you.

R.I.P Ben.

zapiy

Complete an utter legend for those of us in the UK, sadly never managed to get an interview in the bag but what a true gaming great.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

DeadVoivod

One of the best and he was always one of my favorites, and surely will be forever.

Thanks a lot Ben for everything you did, and all my condolences to your family and beloved ones.