The No Swear Gamer Retro Review Show on Youtube.

Started by nosweargamer, October 03, 2014, 17:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nosweargamer

Hey guys! I've heard some great stuff about you guys! I'm a part of the Retro Junkie Network and I heard about y'all through the Intellivisionaries and Retro Obscura. I have a show on youtube the covers mostly retro video games from the Atari 2600 onward.

You can find my channel here. I think a lot of you would like it:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

I'm currently at 46 episodes. My latest is on Yoshi's Island on the SNES. I try to get out at least one episode a week, sometimes more: NSG Ep 46 Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island Review (SNES) The No Swear Gamer Retro Reviews

TrekMD

Hello and welcome to RVG!  I've subscribed to your channel and will be checking it out.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Hello and welcome indeed. I will check out your channel and  subscribe assuming I like it lol. No seriously I will.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Nice review  :) Coincidentally I just bought Zool 2 for the Jag last week, looks like I'm in for some fun when it arrives.

TrekMD

Good job with the review.  Zool 2 is one of my favorite Jaguar games.  :) 

zapiy

Nice review fella, not sure if I have this in my collection anymore lol.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

nosweargamer

Thanks everybody! I'm glad you liked the Zool 2 review.

My newest review covers the Atari TV Games Plug n Play by Jakks Pacific.
NSG Ep 48 Atari TV Games Plug N Play System Review The No Swear Gamer Retro Reviews

TrekMD

Nice video.  I was laughing at your description of Adventure.  On Centipede, the spider looks like it is havign seizures!  I also fail to understand why would anyone put paddle games onto a joystick controller gaming system?

nosweargamer

That's funny! I went back to watch the spider and you are totally right!

Yeah, as I said in my review, the only reason I can think of why they would include paddle games on a controller is the name recognition of Pong and Breakout. I really wish they wouldn't. So many other good choices out there like Haunted House. At lease some of the Flashback units let you plug in Paddles.  One of the DS collections made an interesting effort having you use the touchscreen, but nothing beats the real thing.

zapiy

I am enjoying your videos fella.. Any chance of a plug on a couple of your videos?

Cryptic33

Nice work. I really liked the review of Zool 2 for the Jag. I have this game but haven't played it yet but am now looking forward to it :)
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

nosweargamer

Quote from: "zapiy"I am enjoying your videos fella.. Any chance of a plug on a couple of your videos?

Yeah that may be possible :)
[/quote]

Give it a shot! The controls take some getting used to and it is very tough, but it can be fun!

Next Ep is live giving some more attention to the Atari 7800 with a Pole Position II review:
NSG Ep 49 Pole Position II Review (Atari 7800) The No Swear Gamer Retro Reviews

Ben

Cool to see you posting here, I ran across your videos a few weeks ago by chance.  I've gotten pretty burnt out on AVGN knock off reviewers, kudos (and I'll be keeping my adblocker turned off!).