Game works on Megadrive Model 1 but not Model 2?

Started by VictorLazarus, February 26, 2017, 23:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VictorLazarus

Hi guys,

Got a loose Megadrive cartridge for Double Dragon, pretty bad port I know, but I wanted two player control at the same time. (For making a Youtube video) The cart its self is one of those big Accolade unlicensed carts.

When I put the cartridge into my Megadrive (Genesis) model I got the initial white text and then it cut out to black. Going through the paces I always go through when a new cart doesn't work, I applied some isopropyl alcohol with a cotton bud tip, and then cleaned it with a dry cotton bud. Still no joy. Rinse and repeat and still nothing.

I tested other Accolade games, like the Bitmap Bros 'Gods', and they were fine.

So the cartridge is broken me thinks, disappointment sets in and I start looking for a replacement. But then I remembered in a Cinemassacre video, they stated problems with the 32x Sonic game not working on a Model 2 genesis. And as I'm using a Model 2 Megadrive, (as it sits pretty next to the Model 2 Mega CD) I dust off my Model 1 Megadrive and give it a shot.

Sure enough, the game loads fine every time.

Never encountered a compatibility problem before. I didn't think this was a thing. Anyone else bumped into a similar situation?

Cheers,

MVL.

TrekMD

I have a model 1, so I have not run into this.  It sucks you weren't able to play the game. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...