Unreleased & Unfinished Games Thread

Started by Minerals, September 10, 2013, 20:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest4770

A C16 version of Space Harrier would have been interesting - although given Ghosts And Goblins, I'm not sure it would have made it into the "any good" pile.

I would imagine the C16 had a lot of unreleased or unstarted titles....

Rogue Trooper

indeed, given how rushed due to unfair turn-around time, Chris Butler was given to do the C64 conversion and Elite's previous C16 arcade conversion of Ghost's 'N'N Goblins..i fear C16 Space Harrier would have been pretty ropey (ditto for BBC and Electron versions).

guest4770

I worked in an indie computer shop when the c16 was launched. We loved the new titles coming in for it... because it gave us a laugh.

Most of the arcade conversions were simply awful.

As I said above, I bet a lot of titles were annouced for it and either never started or binned... and quitye rightly so in most cases I suspect.

Although I do have very fond memories of that era

Rogue Trooper

Mentioned this aspect in a lost Atari game thread a while back, but C16 suffered same fate:Likes of Ocean, Gremlin, Mastertronic etc used to 'book' adverts months in advance so you'd often see adverts listing formats and prices that game was out on, along with those they were'nt or at very least a coming soon on.....

Elite had promised Space Harrier and 1942, but there was also Gremlin's Avenger (Way Of The Tiger II), Ocean with Hunchback II, Rolands Rat Race, Kong Strikes Back etc.

Few others included promised conversions of L.A Swat, Grind Prix Sim, Thing On A Spring etc etc.In so many cases for these 'lost' games that had adverts proclaiming they were on the way, publisher's had never even started work on or had'nt even found someone to do the conversion.

C16 had bombed in USA, was'nt exactly huge here in UK compared to C64, so was never going to get a lions share of resources.Anco seemed to support it well from what i've read on C16 games.

Minerals

Quote from: "The Laird"The sadly unreleased Mega Drive version of Ninja Gaiden:

Ninja Gaiden (Genesis) - Longplay

OMG that looks awesome, almost like a cross between Shinobi and SoR. Massive shame this never came out!

TL

Another unreleased Mega Drive / Genesis game - Fido Dido

Fido Dido (Kaneko)(1994) Unreleased

Much like Cool Spot this was a platform game based on a former mascot of the soft drink 7UP

TrekMD

I had to do a double take on that title.  I first read it as Fido Dildo and I was like...what?!   :24:

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "TrekMD"I had to do a double take on that title.  I first read it as Fido Dildo and I was like...what?!   :24:

I had completely forgot about the 7-UP mascot until I saw that!
Looks kinda like the character in the game Greendog: The Beached Surfer Dude.

TL

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "The Laird"A Dreamcast prototype of Toe Jam & Earl 3 was discovered very recently:

ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth Dreamcast Gameplay

Very cool indeed! Platformers of that type aren't really my cup of tea but some of the game's graphics looked rather nice and much work was evidently put into the characterisations on show. Thanks for posting.  :1:
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

sloan

Not unreleased, but never planned in this case:

I Robot Atari 1983

I, Robot was tailor made for 32X IMO. Just look at those polygons and tell me 32X could not have done it justice.

TrekMD

I never even played I, Robot in the arcade.  This would have been fun to have for one of the home consoles.  This would have worked on the Jaguar as well.

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "The Laird"A Dreamcast prototype of Toe Jam & Earl 3 was discovered very recently:

ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth Dreamcast Gameplay

Have the Xbox version, very under-rated game i feel.

Lot of DC code and concept game design ended up elsewhere:Shinobi started out being designed for DC, ended up as a PS2 title, DC Half-Life code used in PS2 version, TJ+E III started out on DC, switched to Xbox, Gun Valk.was originally DC bound, then switched....

GunValkyrie Dreamcast Beta Trailer (Unreleased)

Unlike the Xbox version, controls wise DC version would have used Light Gun+Controller.

sloan

Quote from: "TrekMD"I never even played I, Robot in the arcade.  This would have been fun to have for one of the home consoles.  This would have worked on the Jaguar as well.

I agree that it would have been good on Jaguar as well. Sadly, I, robot never saw a home release on any console. It was quite enjoyable in the arcades, as I spent some quarters on it back then.

TrekMD

So, there's the opportunity for homebrewers to create a port, I guess.  :)

While looking for some videos for "The Evolution of..." I bumped into this unreleased game for the ColecoVision:

[align=center:ye2e4ez1]Skiing Unreleased ColecoVision Game[/align:ye2e4ez1]

Based on what little can be seen, it is definitely different from the other version I found.  Does anyone know anything about this?